If you love hot dogs but hate the greasy mess that comes with cooking them on the stove, then you’ll love this air fryer recipe! These hot dogs come out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, without all the hassle. Plus, they’re ready in just minutes – perfect for a quick snack or meal.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns (top cut is best)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the hot dogs and buns with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the hot dogs and buns in the air fryer basket, making sure that they don’t touch each other. If you’re using cheese, place a slice on top of each hot dog now.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the hot dogs are cooked through and the buns are slightly crispy around the edges. Serve with mustard, ketchup, and pickles as desired.
- Serving size: 1 hot dog with bun
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- Sodium: 480 mg
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
How long does it take to cook hotdogs in an air fryer?
Assuming you are cooking just one hot dog, it will take three minutes in an air fryer. This is a quick and easy way to cook a hot dog, and clean-up is minimal since there is no need for stovetop supervision.
Can you cook hot dogs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook hot dogs in the air fryer. Hot dogs are a quick and easy food to cook, and they can be a healthy option if you choose leaner varieties. Air frying hot dogs is a great way to get them crispy on the outside while keeping them juicy on the inside. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut your hot dogs into quarters or halves, depending on their size. If you’re using pre-cooked hot dogs, no need to cut them up – just place them whole in the basket of your air fryer
- Put your hot dogs in the air fryer basket, making sure they’re not overcrowded and have some space in between so that they cook evenly. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until heated through and slightly charred around the edges
What are the top 10 things to make in an air fryer?
- Roast chicken – This is one of the easiest and most versatile things you can make in an air fryer. Just toss a whole chicken in, set the timer, and let it cook!
- Tofu – Air-fried tofu is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfect for a quick vegan meal or snack!
- Whole roasted garlic -Roasting garlic in an air fryer is super easy and results in deliciously fragrant cloves that can be used in all sorts of recipes
- Burgers and patties – Whether you’re making beef burgers, lamb burgers, veggie burgers, or salmon patties, they’ll all come out perfectly cooked in an air fryer
- French fries – One of the classic foods to make in an air fryer, French fries are always a winner! Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious treat
- Single-serve desserts – There’s no need to share when you can make single-serve desserts like chocolate lava cake or strawberry shortcake right in your air fryer. Yum!
- Reheated leftovers – reheating leftovers has never been easier than with an air fryer. Just pop them in and let the hot air do its work!
- Frozen chicken goujons – These are great for a quick and easy weeknight meal