Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad – An Unforgettable Meal
I’m always looking for new and creative ways to enjoy some of my favorite ingredients, and this avocado chicken salad is one of my go-to recipes. It’s packed with flavor, healthy fats, and protein, making it the perfect meal for any occasion. I love the creamy avocado and the crunch of the vegetables that make each bite a tasty and satisfying experience. Plus, it’s easy to make, so I can whip it up in no time at all.
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the shredded chicken breast meat in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, avocado, celery, lime juice, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, green onions, garlic powder, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve the Avocado Chicken Salad chilled. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 259
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 287mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 26g
What types of dishes can avocado chicken salad be served with?
Avocado Chicken Salad can be served with a variety of dishes in order to create a balanced and flavorful meal. This salad is a great addition to a variety of cuisines, with options ranging from side dishes to main entrees. Some popular accompaniments to Avocado Chicken Salad include:
- Whole Grain Breads: Whole grain breads such as pita, focaccia, or even sprouted grain breads make a great accompaniment to Avocado Chicken Salad. They provide a light and crunchy texture that compliments the creamy, savory flavors of the salad.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers are all great additions to Avocado Chicken Salad. Fruits like apples, pears, and oranges can also be added to give the salad an extra sweet and juicy crunch.
- Grilled Meats: Grilled meats such as steak, chicken, and shrimp are all great options to serve with Avocado Chicken Salad. The grilled flavors of the meat pair nicely with the creamy texture of the salad.
- Pasta Salad: Pasta salads make a great side dish for Avocado Chicken Salad. Rice or quinoa can also be used for a gluten-free option. Adding vegetables and herbs to the pasta salad will add an extra layer of flavor to the meal.
- Salad Greens: A variety of salad greens such as spinach, arugula, and romaine lettuce can be used as a base for Avocado Chicken Salad. These greens provide a fresh and crunchy texture that pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado and chicken.
No matter what you choose to serve Avocado Chicken Salad with, the result is sure to be a delicious and satisfying meal. The key is to find the perfect combination of flavors and textures that will make your meal complete.
What are some creative ways to use avocado chicken salad leftovers?
Avocado chicken salad is a delicious and nutritious meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. However, it’s not uncommon to have leftovers after making this dish. Fortunately, there are several creative ways to use up those leftovers and make them just as tasty as when they were first made. Here are some of the best ideas for using up avocado chicken salad leftovers:
- Make a sandwich. Take two slices of your favorite bread and spread the avocado chicken salad between them. This makes for a delicious and flavorful sandwich that is sure to satisfy.
- Add it to a wrap. Grab a tortilla and spread the avocado chicken salad on it. Then, add some shredded cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes and roll it up. This makes for a great lunch option that is easy to take on the go.
- Add it to a salad. Instead of making a normal salad, add some avocado chicken salad to it. This will add some extra flavor and nutrition to your salad.
- Make a pizza. Spread the avocado chicken salad on top of a pre-made pizza crust. Then, top it with mozzarella cheese and bake it in the oven. This makes for a unique and delicious pizza that you can enjoy anytime.
- Use it as a dip. If you’re looking for a delicious dip for chips, crackers, or veggies, the avocado chicken salad works perfectly. It is full of flavor and pairs well with a variety of snacks.
These are just a few of the creative ways you can use avocado chicken salad leftovers. With a little bit of imagination, you can come up with even more ideas on how to use up this delicious dish.
What are the health benefits of eating avocado chicken salad?
Avocado chicken salad is a nutritious and delicious meal that provides numerous health benefits.
- It is packed with protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats that make it a great choice for weight loss, improved digestion, and cardiovascular health.
- Avocado chicken salad is low in calories, but high in nutrients and fiber, making it a perfect choice for those looking to lose weight.
- It is also rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and promote healthy skin and hair.
- The combination of lean protein, healthy fats, and plenty of vegetables makes avocado chicken salad an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Eating avocado chicken salad can also help improve digestion and reduce bloating. The fiber content helps to keep you full and aid in digestion, while the healthy fats and lean protein can help keep your energy levels up.
- The healthy fats and fiber in avocado chicken salad can also help to lower your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Lastly, avocado chicken salad is packed with antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage, reduce the risk of chronic disease, and promote healthy aging.
Are there any special tips for preparing avocado chicken salad?
Yes, there are a few special tips that can help you make the best avocado chicken salad. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Start with ripe avocados: When making avocado chicken salad, it’s important to use ripe avocados that are soft to the touch. This will ensure your salad has the best flavor and texture.
- Add a hint of acidity: To bring out the flavors of the avocado and chicken, it’s important to add a hint of acidity. This can be achieved by squeezing a little bit of lemon or lime juice over the salad just before serving.
- Use fresh herbs: Fresh herbs can be a great addition to avocado chicken salad. Try adding some freshly chopped oregano, basil, or parsley for a flavorful boost.
- Keep it simple: There’s no need to overdo it when making avocado chicken salad. Keep things simple and just use a few ingredients to let the flavors of the avocado and chicken shine through.
- Don’t forget the dressing: Finally, don’t forget to add a light, flavorful dressing to your salad. This can be a simple vinaigrette or a more complex dressing like ranch or honey mustard.
How long can avocado chicken salad be stored in the refrigerator?
Avocado chicken salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It is important to store the salad in an airtight container in order to prevent any bacteria or mold from growing on it. After 4 days, it is best to discard the salad to ensure food safety.
When storing avocado chicken salad, it is important to keep it away from other foods to avoid cross-contamination. Also, it is best to eat the salad within two hours of preparation, if not immediately, for the best flavor and texture.
When preparing avocado chicken salad, it is important to use fresh ingredients. Use only ripe, unblemished avocados and freshly cooked chicken. The salad should be refrigerated soon after preparation in order to prevent any bacteria or food-borne illnesses from developing.
When storing avocado chicken salad, it is important to not let it sit at room temperature for more than two hours. This is because bacteria can grow rapidly and cause food poisoning if the salad is not kept at the right temperature.
Finally, it is important to check the expiration date of any ingredients used to prepare the salad. This will help ensure the ingredients are still safe to consume and that the salad is not spoiled.
In conclusion, avocado chicken salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It is important to use fresh ingredients, store the salad in an airtight container, and refrigerate the salad soon after preparation in order to maintain food safety. Additionally, the salad should not be left at room temperature for more than two hours and the expiration date of any ingredients should be checked prior to consuming the salad.