These avocado deviled eggs are a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer. They are easy to make, and you can customize them with your favorite toppings. I love to add a little bit of hot sauce or sriracha for an extra zing.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 serrano or 1/2 jalapeño chile pepper, minced (with seeds for more heat)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or green onion
- Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water and insert a steamer basket. (If you don’t have a steamer basket, that’s ok.). Bring the water to a boil, gently place 6 eggs in the steamer basket or directly in the saucepan. Cover the pot. Set your timer for 15 minutes. Remove eggs and set in icy cold water to cool.
- Once they’ve cooled, carefully peel the hard boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Place them on a serving platter. Scoop out the cooked yolks and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half remove the pit, scoop out avocado flesh and place it in a bowl then roughly mash with a fork.
- ,. Use your fingers to break up one or two of the cooked egg yolks (2 to 4 halves) over the mashed avocado.(Reserve remaining egg yolks for another use) sprinkle with lime juice , salt ,and stir in sour cream.
- ,. Stir chopped cilantro , serrano or jalapeño chile pepper ,and chives into mixture then scoop generous spoonfuls into each well of hard boiled egg whites.
Why do people put paprika on deviled eggs?
Paprika is a common spice with many uses. It can be used for both practical and flavor reasons in dishes like deviled eggs. Some people may only encounter paprika in foods that have been prepared this way, but it is a common spice with many uses.
How far in advance can you make deviled eggs?
Deviled eggs are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that can be made ahead of time. The egg whites and yolk filling can be stored separately in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, so all you have to do on the day of your event is assemble the eggs and add your favorite toppings. Avocado makes a great topping for deviled eggs, as it adds creaminess and flavor.
What are the different types of deviled eggs?
There are many different types of deviled eggs, including classic, pimiento-cheese, dill pickle, Old Bay shrimp, horseradish beet, bacon-jalapeno, Caesar, and guacamole. Each type of deviled egg has its own unique flavor profile that will tantalize your taste buds.
The classic deviled egg is a timeless favorite that features a creamy filling made with mayonnaise and mustard. The pimiento-cheese variety is perfect for those who love cheesy snacks, as it includes sharp cheddar cheese and diced pimientos. If you’re looking for something with a little bit of spice, try the jalapeno-bacon option which combines smoky bacon with fiery jalapenos. For something truly unique, give the Old Bay shrimp or horseradish beet varieties a try.