I love steak bites, but I recently discovered how to make them even better – by wrapping them in bacon! This recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites is a delicious way to enjoy steak in a whole new way. The salty bacon pairs perfectly with the juicy steak, and the combination is simply irresistible. I’ve made this recipe for many family gatherings, and it always gets rave reviews.
Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites Recipe
- 1 pound bacon, strips cut in half
- 2 pounds beef tips, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons barbeque seasoning (such as KC Masterpiece®), or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the bacon strips in half, and wrap each beef tip with a half strip of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the barbeque seasoning on the bacon-wrapped pieces of beef.
- Place the bacon-wrapped steak bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped steak bites hot. Enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 280
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 28g
Different ways to serve bacon-wrapped steak bites
There are a variety of ways to serve bacon-wrapped steak bites, from traditional methods to creative recipes. Whether served as an appetizer or main course, these bite-sized portions of steak wrapped in bacon are sure to please. Here are some of the most popular ways to serve bacon-wrapped steak bites.
The classic way to prepare steak bites is to cook them in a skillet. Simply season the steak cubes with salt and pepper, wrap each one in bacon, and cook until the bacon is crisp and the steak is cooked through. Serve with a side of your favorite steak sauce for an easy, delicious meal.
On the Grill
For a smoky flavor, cook your steak bites on a hot grill. Start by preheating the grill to medium-high heat. Then, season the steak cubes with salt and pepper before wrapping them in bacon. Place them on the grill and cook until the bacon is crisp and the steak cubes are cooked through. Enjoy with a side of grilled vegetables or a salad.
In the Oven
Another way to prepare steak bites is to bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap each steak cube in bacon and place them in a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the steak is cooked through. Serve with a side of roasted vegetables or potatoes.
For an extra flavor boost, top your steak bites with cheese before cooking. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap each steak cube in bacon and place them in a baking dish. Top each one with a slice of cheese, such as cheddar, pepper jack, or Gouda. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the steak is cooked through. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese.
In a Salad
For a healthier option, serve your steak bites in a salad. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap each steak cube in bacon and place them in a baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the steak is cooked through. Let the steak cubes cool before adding them to a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables. Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy.
No matter which method you choose, bacon-wrapped steak bites are sure to be a hit. Serve them as an appetizer or main course and enjoy the delicious flavor of steak wrapped in bacon.
Popular variations of bacon-wrapped steak bites
Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites are a popular appetizer or meal that can be prepared in a variety of ways. The basic concept is to wrap bite-sized pieces of steak with bacon and cook them until the bacon is crispy. This dish can be dressed up with different seasonings, glazes, and sauces to create a variety of flavors. Here are some of the most popular variations of Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites:
- Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites – For a classic, smoky flavor, wrap the steak bites with bacon and brush them with your favorite barbecue sauce before cooking.
- Brown Sugar-Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites – For a sweet and savory flavor, wrap the steak bites with bacon and brush them with a mixture of brown sugar and balsamic vinegar before cooking.
- Garlic Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites – For a spicy and savory flavor, wrap the steak bites with bacon and brush them with a mixture of butter and garlic before cooking.
- Teriyaki Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites – For a classic Asian flavor, wrap the steak bites with bacon and brush them with teriyaki sauce before cooking.
- Honey Mustard Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites – For a tangy and sweet flavor, wrap the steak bites with bacon and brush them with a mixture of honey and mustard before cooking.
No matter which variation you choose, Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Try one of these popular variations and enjoy the delicious flavor of Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites.
How to select the best type of steak for bacon-wrapped steak bites
The best type of steak for bacon-wrapped steak bites should be a tender cut with a good balance of fat and flavor. Here are some tips to help you choose the right type of steak:
- Consider the cut of steak. Tender cuts such as filet mignon, ribeye, or New York strip are ideal for bacon-wrapped steak bites.
- Look for steaks with a good balance of fat and flavor. Strips of steak that contain both marbling and fat will ensure that your bacon-wrapped steak bites are juicy and flavorful.
- Choose fresh, high-quality steak. Make sure that your steak is fresh, not frozen, and has been aged properly to ensure the best flavor and texture.
- Consider organic or grass-fed steak. If you are looking for a healthier option, organic or grass-fed steak is a great choice. These steaks are higher in healthy fats and lower in cholesterol than regular steak.
- Don’t forget to season. After selecting your steak, don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper for added flavor.
- Ask your butcher for advice. If you are unsure about which type of steak to choose, ask your butcher for advice. They can help you find the perfect cut of steak for your bacon-wrapped steak bites.
The benefits of wrapping steak in bacon
Wrapping steak in bacon has a variety of benefits, both in terms of taste and convenience. This technique is commonly used to make bacon-wrapped steak bites, which are an easy and tasty snack or appetizer. Here are some of the key benefits of wrapping steak in bacon:
- Enhanced Flavor: Wrapping steak in bacon adds a great deal of flavor to the steak, as the bacon fat and juices coat the steak while it cooks. This creates a delicious and savory flavor that is hard to beat.
- Easier Cooking: Bacon-wrapped steak can be cooked in a variety of ways, such as on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the grill. This versatility makes it easier to cook the steak in whichever way is most convenient.
- Faster Cooking Time: Because the bacon helps to keep the steak moist and juicy, it cooks faster than an unwrapped steak. This makes bacon-wrapped steak an ideal choice when you’re in a hurry.
- Portion Control: Wrapping steak in bacon allows you to easily create individual portions, making it a great choice for appetizers or snacks.
- Tenderness: Wrapping steak in bacon helps to keep it tender and juicy, which is especially important when cooking smaller cuts of steak.
Tips for cooking bacon-wrapped steak bites
Cooking bacon-wrapped steak bites can be a great way to enjoy a delicious meal with minimal fuss. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect steak bites:
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the steak into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each cube of steak with a strip of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the steak bites on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Let the steak bites cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a salad.