Crispy Oven-Baked Corn Beef Hash – A Deliciously Savory Dish!
When I was a kid, my mom’s Baked Corn Beef Hash was my favorite thing to eat for dinner. I remember the smell of it wafting through the house as it cooked, and I couldn’t wait to tuck into a big plate of it. It was always so flavorful and comforting, and it’s a dish that I still love to make today. In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make my mom’s delicious Baked Corn Beef Hash so you can enjoy it too.
Baked Corn Beef Hash Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped corned beef, tomato puree, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Spread the mixture in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with the baked beans and spread them evenly.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top and spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 283
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium: 464mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 12g
What are other varieties of hash that can be cooked in the oven?
Hash is a dish that can be cooked in many different ways, and baking in the oven is just one of them. Hash typically consists of diced potatoes, meat, and vegetables, though other ingredients can vary depending on the recipe. Baked Corn Beef Hash is a classic dish, but there are many other varieties of hash that can be cooked in the oven as well.
One popular dish is a Baked Bacon Potato Hash. This dish is made with diced potatoes, bacon, and bell peppers, mixed with a savory sauce and topped with cheese. Another variety is a Baked Sausage Hash. This dish is cooked with diced potatoes and sausage, and can be served with a side of scrambled eggs or bacon.
Hash can also be made with ground beef, or with other types of ground meat. A Baked Ground Beef Hash is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is great for a quick dinner. Ground beef is combined with diced potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, and seasoned with herbs and spices. This hash can be topped with cheese and served with a side of scrambled eggs or bacon.
There are many other varieties of hash that can be cooked in the oven, such as Baked Pork Hash. This dish is cooked with diced potatoes, pork, and vegetables, and can be topped with cheese for a delicious meal. Another variety is Baked Veggie Hash, which is cooked with diced potatoes and a variety of vegetables. This dish can be served with a side of scrambled eggs or bacon.
No matter which type of hash you choose to make, baking in the oven is a great way to make sure it comes out perfect every time. With a little creativity and some simple ingredients, you can make a delicious dish in no time.
What are some other dishes that can be made with leftover corned beef?
Corned beef is a great way to enjoy a hearty meal. However, after you’ve enjoyed your baked corned beef hash, you may be wondering what else you can do with the leftovers. Luckily, there are plenty of other recipes that you can make with your leftover corned beef. Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
- Corned Beef and Potato Salad: Combine cooked new potatoes, celery, onion, and mayonnaise with your leftover corned beef. This flavorful potato salad is perfect as a side dish or a light lunch.
- Corned Beef Tacos: Use your leftover corned beef to make delicious tacos. Top off your tacos with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite taco sauce.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup: Try this comforting soup to make use of your leftover corned beef. Add in potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage to make it even heartier.
- Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich: Reubens are a classic sandwich that can be made using leftover corned beef. Layer your corned beef with Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing on rye bread.
- Corned Beef Hash Pie: Instead of making traditional hash with your leftover corned beef, try making a hash pie. This savory dish is a great way to use up your leftovers and make a delicious breakfast.
So, next time you have leftover corned beef, don’t let it go to waste. There are plenty of other great dishes that you can make with it. From tacos to hash pies, there are lots of options to explore.
What are the benefits of eating baked hash dishes?
The Benefits of Eating Baked Hash Dishes
Hash dishes are a popular comfort food around the world. They are made with many different ingredients, but the primary ingredient is typically a type of meat, such as beef, pork, chicken, or even fish. Baked hash dishes are a great way to get a hearty and delicious meal with minimal effort. Here are some of the benefits of eating baked hash dishes:
- Nutritious: Baked hash dishes are high in protein and provide essential vitamins and minerals. The meat is typically lean, which helps to keep the calorie count low. Additionally, depending on the ingredients used, the dish can provide additional nutritional benefits. For example, adding vegetables to the mix increases the fiber content.
- Versatile: Baked hash dishes can be made with a variety of ingredients. Depending on the type of meat used and the vegetables or spices included, there is endless potential for creative dishes.
- Quick and Easy: Baked hash dishes are simple to prepare and can be ready to eat in minutes. All you need to do is mix the ingredients, spread them onto a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Plus, they are easily customizable, so you can adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- Tasty: Baked hash dishes are a real treat for the taste buds. The combination of ingredients creates a delicious flavor that is sure to please everyone. Plus, you can always add herbs and spices to give it an extra kick.
- Economical: Baked hash dishes are cost-effective, as they are usually made with pantry staples and inexpensive ingredients. Additionally, they make a great use of leftovers, so you can stretch your food budget.
Baked hash dishes are a great option for a quick, easy and tasty meal. They are nutritious, versatile, and economical.
What are some common substitutions for corn beef hash?
Corn beef hash is a popular dish made with corned beef, potatoes, onion, and spices. It is often served as a side dish, or as a main dish with eggs. While it is a classic dish, there are many other ingredients that can be used to make a delicious hash.
One simple substitution is to use ground beef or turkey instead of corned beef. This can be a great way to lighten up the dish, and it’s a great way to use up leftovers. Ground beef or turkey can also be flavored with a variety of herbs and spices to give it a more interesting flavor.
Another substitution for corned beef is smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is a great way to add a rich flavor to the hash, and it’s a great source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. You can also mix in some veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini to add more flavor and nutrients to your hash.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, lentils are a great substitute for corned beef. Lentils are high in protein and fiber, and they can be cooked with a variety of spices and herbs to give them a delicious flavor. You can also add in some vegetables like Brussels sprouts, carrots, and celery to give your hash some extra flavor and texture.
Whether you’re looking to lighten up your hash or make it vegetarian, there are plenty of substitutions to choose from. With a little experimentation, you can find the perfect combination to make a delicious substitute for corn beef hash.
What are the best sides to serve with baked corn beef hash?
When it comes to comfort food, nothing quite beats a plate of baked corn beef hash. Not only is it flavorful and savory, but it’s also a great way to use up leftover ingredients. But what sides should you serve with it to make a meal that’s truly satisfying?
The best sides to serve with baked corn beef hash depend on your individual tastes, and the occasion. For a casual dinner, you may want to go with something simple, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and a side salad. If you’re looking for something a bit more special, consider pairing it with roasted Brussels sprouts, steamed green beans, or a creamy pasta dish like macaroni and cheese.
No matter what sides you choose, be sure to add a little something to brighten up the plate, such as a squeeze of lemon or a sprinkle of fresh herbs. A touch of acidity or a hint of freshness can really take a meal to the next level.
When it comes to drinks, beer is the classic choice for baked corn beef hash, but a glass of red wine or a light cocktail can also be a great accompaniment.