I still remember the first time I tried campanelle with chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes. It was a dish my mom had made for dinner one night and I was instantly hooked. The combination of the savory pesto, juicy chicken, and sweet sun-dried tomatoes was simply delicious.
Campanelle With Chicken, Pesto, And Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 1. 8 ounces penne pasta, dry
- 2. 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3. 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4. 3 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5. ½ medium onion, chopped
- 6. 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7. 1 cup buttermilk
- 8. 1 tablespoon butter
- 9. 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- 10. ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 11. 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 12. 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 13. 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 14. 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the penne pasta and cook according to package instructions, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken pieces with the seasoned salt and add them to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, and half-and-half. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and pine nuts to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the feta cheese and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/8th of the recipe
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 28g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Overview of campanelle pasta: origins, nutritional value, and different ways to prepare it
Campanelle pasta is a type of pasta shaped like a small bell flower. It is a popular type of pasta that originates from southern Italy and is frequently used in dishes such as Campanelle with Chicken, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Campanelle pasta has a slightly thicker texture than regular noodles and its shape allows it to hold sauces and ingredients very well.
Nutritionally, Campanelle pasta is low in calories, fat, and sodium yet high in carbohydrates and protein. It is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as Iron, Niacin, Folate, and Thiamin.
There are many different ways to prepare Campanelle pasta. It can be boiled, baked, and fried. It can be served with a variety of sauces such as Alfredo, Marinara, and Pesto. It can also be used as a base for casseroles and soups. Additionally, Campanelle pasta can be used as a substitute for traditional noodles in dishes such as lasagna or macaroni and cheese.
No matter how you prepare it, Campanelle pasta is sure to add flavor and texture to any dish. With its unique shape and nutritionally sound ingredients, it is an excellent addition to any pasta dish.
Alternatives to the chicken, pesto and sun-dried tomato combination for campanelle
If you’re looking for a new twist on campanelle with chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes, there are plenty of delicious alternatives. From swapping out the chicken for a different protein to changing up the pesto, here are some ideas for delicious alternatives to this popular combination.
- Swap Out the Chicken for Beef: Instead of chicken, try using ground beef for a heartier take on campanelle. You can use ground beef in combination with the pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, or you can opt for a more complex flavor by adding in additional ingredients, like mushrooms and garlic.
- Change Up the Pesto: Pesto is a classic Italian sauce, but it can be changed up with different herbs and spices. Try using basil and mint for a fresh flavor, or opt for a smoky flavor by adding in smoked paprika and oregano.
- Use a Different Pasta: Campanelle is the perfect shape for this dish, but you can use other types of pasta as well. Try using farfalle, rotelle, or orecchiette for a different shape and texture.
- Add a Creamy Element: For an even richer flavor, you can add in a creamy element. Try stirring in cream, goat cheese, or ricotta cheese for an extra layer of flavor.
No matter what kind of combination you choose, campanelle with chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes is sure to be a hit. With these simple alternatives, you can create a delicious and unique dish that your family and friends will love.
Benefits of using pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in the dish
The dish Campanelle with Chicken, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is an excellent combination of flavors that can be enjoyed by all. The combination of pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken provides a range of health benefits that make it an ideal dish to serve. Here are some of the benefits of using pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken in the dish:
- Pesto: Pesto is a type of sauce made from basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. It is rich in healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The healthy fats in pesto help to reduce inflammation, while the vitamins and minerals provide a range of health benefits including improved digestion, increased energy, and better overall health.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sun-dried tomatoes are a great source of lycopene, an antioxidant that can help protect against cancer and other diseases. They are also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Chicken: Chicken is a lean source of protein that is low in fat and calories. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and phosphorus. Eating chicken provides essential amino acids and helps to keep you feeling full for longer.
Overall, the combination of pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken makes for a delicious and nutritious dish. Not only does it provide a balance of flavors, it also provides a range of health benefits.
Tips for preparing the perfect campanelle with chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes
Tips for Preparing the Perfect Campanelle With Chicken, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
- Start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the campanelle in boiling salted water until al dente, approximately 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pesto, chicken, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Transfer the cooked campanelle to a baking dish and pour the chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomato mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the top of the dish with Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
How to create a healthier version of the dish
Creating a healthier version of a dish can be achieved by using nutritious ingredients and controlling the portion size. Here are some tips on how to make a healthier version of campanelle with chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes:
- Substitute whole wheat campanelle for regular pasta. This type of pasta is high in fiber and nutrients, and it can help increase feelings of fullness.
- Use olive oil instead of butter when cooking the chicken. Olive oil is a healthier choice than butter and can help reduce the amount of saturated fat in the dish.
- Use fresh basil and spinach to make the pesto. This will help add more nutrients to the dish and reduce the amount of sodium.
- Use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes are lower in sodium and also contain more vitamins and minerals.
- Reduce the amount of cheese used in the dish. This will help to reduce the amount of saturated fat and calories in the dish.
- Control the portion size. By eating smaller portions, you will be able to enjoy the dish without overdoing it on calories and fat.