Sizzlingly Delicious Cheesy Bacon Dogs
Nothing beats a summer day in the backyard with family, friends, and some classic grilled food. My go-to is a classic favorite: cheesy bacon dogs! With just a few simple ingredients, these dogs are sure to be a hit with everyone. They’re cheesy, smoky, and savory with a hint of sweetness from the bacon. Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make.
Cheesy Bacon Dogs Recipe
- 1. 4 hot dogs, butterflied
- 2. 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 3. 2 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced into 8 matchsticks
- 4. 1 large (5 inch) dill pickle, sliced into 8 long strips
- 5. 4 hot dog buns, split
- 6. 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 7. 8 toothpicks
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Butterfly the hot dogs by cutting them lengthwise about three-quarters of the way through.
- Wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in the preheated skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the hot dogs and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Place the hot dogs in the buns and top each one with two cheese matchsticks and two pickle strips.
- Drizzle the prepared mustard over the dogs.
- Serve the cheesy bacon dogs immediately. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cheesy bacon dog
- Calories: 319
- Total Fat: 18.2g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 834mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9g
- Sugars: 6.6g
- Protein: 11.6g
Overview of the history of cheesy bacon dogs
Cheesy Bacon Dogs is a unique and delicious concoction that originated in the United States in the mid-2000s. This dish consists of a hot dog wrapped in bacon and topped with melted cheese. It quickly gained popularity due to its savory flavor and convenient form. Since then, it has been widely enjoyed by people of all ages, and has become a favorite at cookouts, backyard barbecues, and tailgates.
Origin of Cheesy Bacon Dogs
The exact origin of Cheesy Bacon Dogs is unclear, but the dish is believed to have been first created in the United States in the mid-2000s. It is thought to have been popularized by a restaurant in Minnesota, which drew attention to the dish with its classic “Cheesy Bacon Dog” menu item. Soon after, the dish began to spread across the country, and it quickly became a favorite at cookouts, tailgates, and backyard barbecues.
Variations of Cheesy Bacon Dogs
Since its inception, Cheesy Bacon Dogs has been modified to appeal to different palates. For example, some recipes call for the bacon to be cooked in brown sugar or honey, while others may use different types of cheese. Additionally, some recipes also call for the hot dog to be grilled or fried before being wrapped in bacon and topped with cheese.
Popularity of Cheesy Bacon Dogs
Cheesy Bacon Dogs have gained widespread popularity in the United States due to their savory flavor and convenient form. The dish is especially popular at cookouts, tailgates, and backyard barbecues, where it is often served as an appetizer or side dish. Additionally, the dish is also enjoyed as an indulgent snack by people of all ages.
Nutritional benefits of cheesy bacon dogs
Cheesy Bacon Dogs are an indulgent and delicious treat, but they also have several nutritional benefits that make them a great choice for a meal or snack.
- High in protein and fiber, providing essential nutrients that support a healthy diet.
- Rich in healthy fats, which can help boost the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, such as vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Contains antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and protect against disease.
- A good source of calcium and magnesium, which are important for bone health.
- Contains B vitamins, which are essential for energy production and cell growth.
- Low in sugar and sodium, making them a better choice than other processed snacks.
Tips for making the perfect cheesy bacon dog
Making the perfect Cheesy Bacon Dog is easy with these simple tips:
- Start with high-quality ingredients. Use a quality hot dog, bacon and cheese that will give you the most flavor.
- Cook the bacon before adding it to the hot dog. Make sure the bacon is nice and crispy so it adds texture when combined with the hot dog and cheese.
- Use a large hot dog bun and don’t skimp on the cheese. A bigger bun will ensure the hot dog and bacon fit perfectly with the cheese.
- If you want your Cheesy Bacon Dog to have an extra kick, add some extra spices like garlic powder and chili powder.
- Pre-cook the hot dog before adding it to the bun. Pre-cooking will help keep the hot dog from getting too soggy when you add the cheese and bacon.
- When it’s time to assemble your Cheesy Bacon Dog, layer the ingredients in this order: hot dog, cheese, bacon. The cheese will help keep the bacon in place.
- For the finishing touch, toast the bun lightly in a toaster oven before serving. This will give your Cheesy Bacon Dog the perfect crunch.
Different variations of cheesy bacon dogs
Cheesy Bacon Dogs are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be enjoyed at any time of day. The combination of bacon, cheese, and hot dog make for a flavorful treat that everyone can enjoy. There are a variety of different variations of Cheesy Bacon Dogs that can be created to suit any taste.
Classic Cheesy Bacon Dogs
The classic Cheesy Bacon Dog is a simple but delicious combination of bacon, cheese, and hot dog. All that is needed is one hot dog, two slices of bacon, and one slice of cheese. Cook the bacon and hot dog until they are cooked through, then place the cheese on top of the hot dog and let it melt. Serve on a bun or in a wrap for a tasty treat.
Spicy Cheesy Bacon Dogs
For those who like a little extra kick in their Cheesy Bacon Dogs, try adding some hot sauce or jalapenos to the mix. Start by cooking the bacon and hot dog until they are cooked through, then add in your choice of hot sauce or jalapenos. Top with a slice of cheese and let it melt. Serve on a bun or wrap for a delicious and spicy treat.
Vegetarian Cheesy Bacon Dogs
Vegetarians can still enjoy the deliciousness of Cheesy Bacon Dogs as well. To make a vegetarian version, simply swap out the bacon and hot dog for your favorite vegetarian-friendly meat substitute. Cook according to the package instructions. Top with cheese and let it melt. Serve on a bun or wrap and enjoy a vegetarian-friendly version of Cheesy Bacon Dogs.
There are many different variations of Cheesy Bacon Dogs that can be created to suit any taste. Whether you prefer a classic, spicy, or vegetarian version, these tasty snacks are sure to please. Give one of these variations a try today for a delicious and easy snack.
Popular restaurants serving cheesy bacon dogs
Cheesy Bacon Dogs are quickly becoming one of the most popular menu items at restaurants all over the country. These indulgent creations are made with a hot dog topped with melted cheese and bacon bits, making them an irresistible combination of salty and savory flavors. From fast food chains to local pubs, here are some of the most popular restaurants serving up delicious Cheesy Bacon Dogs.
McDonald’s: McDonald’s recently added the Cheesy Bacon Hot Dog to their menu and it’s quickly becoming a fan favorite. This classic hot dog is topped with melted cheese and bacon bits for a salty and savory bite.
Burger King: Burger King’s Bacon Cheeseburger Dog is a cheesy twist on the classic hot dog. It’s a hot dog topped with cheese, bacon, and the signature Burger King special sauce for an extra kick of flavor.
Wendy’s: Wendy’s Baconator Dog is a must-try for any fan of cheesy bacon dogs. This hot dog is topped with chili, cheese, bacon, and pickles for a delicious combination of flavors.
Five Guys: Five Guys serves up a classic Bacon Cheese Dog, made with an all-beef hot dog and topped with melted cheese and crunchy bacon.
Taco Bell: Taco Bell offers a Cheesy Bacon Quesarito Dog – a quesadilla wrapped up around a hot dog and filled with gooey cheese and bacon bits.
Whether you’re in the mood for a classic Cheesy Bacon Dog or a unique twist on the dish, these restaurants have you covered. With so many delicious options, it’s no surprise why the Cheesy Bacon Dog has become so popular.