I have a special place in my heart for Coconut-Cranberry Bars. They are a delicious treat that always bring me back to my childhood. Growing up, my mom would make them for school lunch treats and special occasions. She would always let me help mix the ingredients and spread the layer of coconut and cranberries on top. I’ve passed the recipe down to my own kids, and now they love it just as much as I do! If you’re looking for a tasty, easy to make treat, you’ll love these Coconut-Cranberry Bars.
Coconut-Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups pecan halves
- 1 ½ cups sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins®)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Spread the graham cracker crumb mixture evenly into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the pecan halves, cranberries, coconut, white chocolate chips, and bittersweet chocolate chips over the graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 11 g
- Protein: 2 g
Creative ways to use coconut-cranberry bars in recipes
Coconut-cranberry bars make a delicious snack on their own, but they can also be used in a variety of recipes. Here are some creative ways to use coconut-cranberry bars in your cooking:
- Crumble the coconut-cranberry bars into a food processor and use the crumbs as a topping for cheesecake, fruit pies, or even ice cream.
- Mix the coconut-cranberry bars into your muffin or bread batter for a delicious twist on classic recipes.
- Make a crunchy topping for a yogurt parfait by crumbling the coconut-cranberry bars and mixing them with granola.
- Use the coconut-cranberry bars as a crust for homemade bars. Simply press the crumbled bars into the bottom of a baking dish, add a layer of your favorite filling (such as peanut butter, jam, or caramel), and refrigerate until firm.
- Make a tropical ice cream topping by melting down the coconut-cranberry bars and mixing them with chopped pineapple and mango.
- Use the coconut-cranberry bars as an ingredient in your favorite trail mix.
These are just some of the ways you can use coconut-cranberry bars to add flavor and texture to your favorite recipes.
Benefits of coconut-cranberry bars: a healthy snack option
Coconut-Cranberry Bars are an easy and delicious snack that offers a variety of health benefits.
- Coconut-Cranberry Bars provide a balance of good fats and carbohydrates, making them a good source of energy. The coconut oil and cranberry provide essential fatty acids and vitamins, which are beneficial for maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- Coconut-Cranberry Bars contain plenty of soluble fiber, which helps promote digestion, lower cholesterol, and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- The coconut and cranberry in these bars are rich in antioxidants, which help protect the body from free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Coconut-Cranberry Bars are a good source of iron, potassium, and magnesium, which are essential minerals for a healthy immune system and overall health.
- These bars also contain B vitamins, which can help boost energy levels and improve mood.
- Coconut-Cranberry Bars are a great snack for people trying to lose weight, as they are low in calories and will help keep you feeling full for longer.
Understanding the difference between coconut-cranberry bars and other desserts
Understanding the main difference between coconut-cranberry bars and other desserts is the combination of the two flavors. Coconut-cranberry bars are a sweet and chewy treat that is made with dried cranberries and shredded coconut. Unlike most desserts which are made with one type of ingredient, these bars are made with two distinct flavors that blend together to create a unique taste.
The addition of the cranberries to the bars provides a tart flavor to counteract the sweetness of the coconut. This combination of flavors can be used to create a variety of desserts, from cookies to pies. In addition to being a delicious dessert, coconut-cranberry bars can also be used as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
Another unique aspect of coconut-cranberry bars is their texture. The combination of the shredded coconut and the dried cranberries creates a chewy bar that is slightly crunchy, giving the dessert a unique texture. The chewiness of the bars also allows them to soak up any additional flavors added to them, such as chocolate or peanut butter.
Coconut-cranberry bars are a delicious and unique dessert that is sure to please any palate. The combination of the two flavors creates a unique taste and texture that is unlike any other dessert. The bars can be used to create a variety of desserts or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
Substituting coconut-cranberry bars for recipes requiring other desserts
Yes, coconut-cranberry bars can be used as a substitute for other dessert recipes. The unique flavor combination of coconut and cranberry make them a great option for a variety of recipes, from pies and cheesecakes to crisps and tarts. With plenty of sweetness and texture, these bars can provide an exciting twist on classic desserts.
When using coconut-cranberry bars as a substitute for a dessert recipe, the key is to adjust the other ingredients accordingly. The bars will add sweetness and texture, so the amount of sugar and other ingredients should be reduced to prevent the dish from becoming too sweet. Additionally, the recipe’s baking time may need to be adjusted as the bars will take longer to bake than other desserts.
Coconut-cranberry bars are a great way to switch up classic dessert recipes. The combination of flavors offers a unique and delicious twist, making them a great substitute for other desserts. With the right adjustments, these bars can be used in any recipe for a delightful sweet treat.
Nutritional value of coconut-cranberry bars: comparing to other desserts
Coconut-Cranberry Bars are a healthy and delicious snack option, offering more nutritional benefits than other desserts. The bars are made with a blend of dried cranberries, coconut chips, coconut oil, honey, and a few other simple ingredients. This combination provides a wholesome balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. The cranberries contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, while the coconut chips are a great source of fiber.
When comparing to other desserts, Coconut-Cranberry Bars provide far more nutritional value. In comparison to a typical piece of cake, these bars are lower in sugar and contain more vitamins and minerals due to the cranberry and coconut content. When compared to cookies, the bars are higher in protein and fiber, as well as being lower in sugar.
In addition to their nutritional benefits, the bars are also a convenient and tasty snack. They can be easily transported in a lunchbox or stored in a cupboard for a quick snack. The combination of flavors also makes them an enjoyable treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Overall, Coconut-Cranberry Bars are a healthy and delicious snack that offer more nutritional value than other desserts. With their balanced blend of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats, they can provide a nutritious snack option that satisfies hunger and cravings.