Creamy Sweet Corn & Cherry Tomato Conchiglie Pasta
I’m not a gourmet chef by any means, but I’m always looking for simple yet delicious recipes to make for myself and my family. Recently, I discovered a mouth-watering conchiglie pasta dish with sweet corn and cherry tomatoes. Every time I make it, everyone in my family raves about how delicious it is. The best part is that it’s so easy to make.
Conchiglie Pasta With Sweet Corn And Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, dry
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the dry pasta shells to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced prosciutto and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Add the basil pesto to the skillet and mix until combined.
- Add the corn, cherry tomatoes, and salt to the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta shells and stir until combined.
- Transfer the pasta to an oven-safe dish. Top with the sliced basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the dish
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
Different ways to serve the dish
There are a few different ways to serve Conchiglie Pasta with Sweet Corn and Cherry Tomatoes. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Classic: The classic way to serve this dish is to combine the cooked pasta with the sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese helps to bring all the flavors together.
- Creamy: For a creamy take on this dish, you can use cream or a creamy sauce such as Alfredo. This gives the dish a richer flavor and makes it even more indulgent.
- Veggie: To make this dish even healthier, you can add some vegetables such as bell peppers or zucchini. The vegetables add extra color and flavor to the dish and make it more nutritious.
- Spicy: If you like a bit of spice in your food, you can add some chili flakes or jalapeños to the dish. This will give it a bit of kick and make it even more flavorful.
No matter which way you choose to serve it, Conchiglie Pasta with Sweet Corn and Cherry Tomatoes is sure to be a hit. With a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a delicious meal that is sure to please.
Potential substitutions for the ingredients
The sweetness of the corn and tomatoes in this conchiglie pasta dish makes it a great base for exploring different ingredients and flavors. To substitute the corn, try using roasted red peppers or edamame. To substitute the cherry tomatoes, use sun-dried tomatoes or diced red tomatoes. If you’d like to add even more flavor, try adding garlic, olives, capers, or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. For a more spicy dish, add red pepper flakes. You can also customize the dish with your favorite herbs, such as oregano, thyme, or basil.
Benefits of using conchiglie pasta for this dish
Conchiglie pasta works well for this dish because its shape helps to hold and mix the other ingredients together.
- The pasta’s ridges are perfect for trapping the sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, making sure that each bite contains all three flavors.
- The ridges also act as a great surface for the sauce to cling to, ensuring the entire dish is evenly coated.
- The pasta’s hollow center also helps to absorb the flavors of the sauce and the other ingredients, making the dish more flavorful.
- The conchiglie pasta cooks quickly and evenly, making it a convenient and speedy option for this dish.
- The pasta’s shells also give the dish an attractive, eye-catching look that is sure to impress.
How to pick the best sweet corn and cherry tomatoes
Look for sweet corn that has bright green husks and smells sweet. Make sure the kernels are plump and not dried out.
- Check the cherry tomatoes for firmness and deep red color. Avoid any tomatoes with bruises or soft spots.
- Shop locally whenever possible, as locally grown produce will often have the best flavor and texture.
- Look for organic produce, as this will reduce the amount of pesticides and chemicals used in the growing process.
- Try to buy vegetables that are in season, as this will ensure the best flavor and texture.
- If you can, pick your own vegetables from a farm. This will give you the freshest produce and the best flavor.
- If you are buying from the store, check the produce for any signs of mold or decay.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the store staff for advice on picking the best produce.
Tips for seasoning the pasta
Start by boiling the conchiglie pasta in salted water; add extra salt to the water for a more flavorful pasta.
- Once the pasta is almost cooked, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pot and stir around to coat the pasta.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and any other desired spices.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, stirring to combine the ingredients.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh oregano.