Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Strips – Finger Lickin’ Good!
When I think of comfort food, one of the first things to come to mind is my favorite recipe for crispy baked chicken strips. I’ve been making this delicious dish for years, and it never fails to please even the pickiest of eaters. It’s easy to prepare, the ingredients are simple and, most importantly, it always comes out juicy and full of flavor. Whether I’m serving it as a main course or as an appetizer, everyone always loves it. So if you’re looking for a meal that’s sure to be a hit, give this crispy baked chicken strips recipe a try.
Crispy Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1. 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2. 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3. 2 tablespoons water
- 4. 2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 5. ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6. 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 7. 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 8. ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 9. ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10. nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and water.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper, and salt.
- Dip the chicken strips in the egg mixture and then coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken strips on a greased baking sheet.
- Spray the chicken strips with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
- Allow the chicken strips to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 chicken strip
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Sodium: 256mg
- Cholesterol: 64mg
The secret to the most delicious crispy baked chicken strips
The secret to the most delicious crispy baked chicken strips is to create a flavorful coating that crisps up nicely in the oven.
Using a coating of breadcrumbs and spices is an easy way to get that crispy texture without having to deep fry the chicken strips. You can also add in dried herbs, parmesan cheese, and even a pinch of cayenne pepper for some added spice.
To ensure that the chicken strips stay nice and crispy, you’ll need to bake them in a preheated oven. Place the chicken strips on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Halfway through, flip the chicken strips and bake for the remaining 10 minutes.
For an extra crunch, you can also coat the chicken in a light egg wash before you dip them in the breadcrumb mixture. This will give the chicken an even crispier texture once it comes out of the oven.
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish, try making a simple garlic aioli to go with your crispy baked chicken strips. This creamy garlic sauce will provide the perfect balance for your crispy, flavorful chicken strips.
With some simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can create the most delicious crispy baked chicken strips. All you need is a flavorful coating, a preheated oven, and a side dish of garlic aioli.
Tips for making perfectly crispy baked chicken strips
Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place them in a bowl.
- Add oil to the bowl and season with your favorite spices.
- Mix the chicken and oil together until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Place the chicken strips onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken strips from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
How to achieve crispy baked chicken strips every time
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Place the chicken strips in a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil and toss to coat the chicken strips evenly.
- Place the chicken strips on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken strips are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
The benefits of eating crispy baked chicken strips over fried versions
The benefits of eating crispy baked chicken strips over fried versions are plentiful. Here are a few:
- Healthier: Baked chicken strips are a healthier alternative than fried strips, as they contain no saturated fat or trans fat, and are usually lower in calories and fat.
- Less Messy: Baked strips require no oil and thus, no mess. This means no greasy stovetop or splattering oil.
- Quicker Prep Time: Baked strips require much less prep time than fried strips. Simply marinate, coat, and bake – it’s that easy!.
- Cost-Effective: Baked strips are much more cost-effective than fried versions, as they don’t require any special ingredients or costly oils.
- Versatility: Baked strips are highly versatile and can be served with a variety of sides and sauces, making them a great addition to any meal.
- Tastier: Baked strips are much tastier than fried strips, as the marinade and seasoning really penetrate the chicken, making it incredibly flavorful.
The best way to reheat leftover crispy baked chicken strips
The best way to reheat leftover crispy baked chicken strips is by using an oven.
For those who love to enjoy crispy baked chicken strips, reheating them can be a challenge. Reheating chicken strips in the microwave can result in them becoming soggy, and the same can happen with a pan on the stove. Oven reheating is the best way to retain the texture and crispiness of the strips.
The first step is to preheat the oven to 400°F. While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the chicken strips on the baking sheet, making sure not to overcrowd. If needed, use a second baking sheet. Drizzle the chicken strips with oil to help them crisp up. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping the chicken strips halfway through.
When done, the chicken strips should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. If needed, bake for additional minutes until the desired crispiness is reached.