Bite-Sized Taste Of Heaven: Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine
I’ve been making these delicious crustless mini quiche Lorraine for years, and they always turn out perfectly. They’re easy to prepare, and they make a great breakfast, brunch, or snack. Plus, they’re packed with all the flavors of the classic French dish. I love how the sweet onion and salty bacon combine with the creamy eggs and cheese. With just a few ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a delicious dish that will satisfy everyone.
Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) package cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bacon, spinach, chives, and Swiss cheese.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, seasoning blend, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cheese mixture in the cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the center is set and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 157
- Total Fat: 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 138 mg
- Sodium: 446 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Sugars: 0.4 g
- Protein: 14.1 g
Variety of crustless mini quiche lorraine
Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is a classic French dish that can be easily adapted to feature different flavors and ingredients. By changing up the cheese, adding various vegetables, or using a combination of both, you can craft an endless array of tasty variations to satisfy any palate.
For a classic spin, try adding grated Gruyère cheese and bacon to your crustless mini quiche Lorraine. This combination creates a classic flavor reminiscent of the original dish. If you’d like to add even more flavor, consider stirring in some sautéed onions, mushrooms, or bell peppers. These vegetables will add a savory depth of flavor that pairs well with the cheese and bacon.
To give your dish a southwestern flair, substitute the Gruyère cheese with Monterey Jack and add some diced chiles, corn, and black beans. This combination creates a unique and flavorful quiche that is sure to become a favorite. For even more flavor, consider adding some diced jalapeños for a bit of extra heat.
Finally, for a lighter option, you can make a quiche Lorraine without cheese and bacon, instead using only vegetables. Choose from a variety of options such as spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers. These vegetables will create a tasty and nutritious quiche without any of the guilt.
No matter what ingredients you choose, crustless mini quiche Lorraine is a delicious and versatile dish that can be easily adapted to suit any flavor preference. With so many possibilities, it’s easy to prepare a different variation of the dish every time.
Benefits of crustless mini quiche lorraine
The Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is a delicious and nutritious meal option. It is a great way to enjoy a tasty and healthy breakfast or lunch. Here are some of the benefits of this recipe:
- High in Protein: This quiche recipe is packed with protein, making it a great way to get your daily intake. The combination of eggs, cheese, and bacon makes it a perfect protein powerhouse.
- Low in Carbs: This dish is low in carbohydrates and is a great option for keeping your blood sugar levels in check.
- Low in Fat: The bacon in this recipe provides some fat, but it is not too much. This makes it a good option for those trying to watch their fat intake.
- Versatile: The ingredients used in this recipe are versatile and can be easily substituted depending on your dietary needs. For example, you can replace the bacon with turkey bacon or use a different type of cheese.
- Easy to Make: This quiche is relatively easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. This makes it a great meal option for busy mornings or when you need something quick.
- Delicious: The combination of eggs, cheese, and bacon make this quiche a delicious and flavorful meal.
Thus, the Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is a great meal option for those looking for a nutritious and tasty breakfast or lunch. Enjoy this dish as part of a balanced diet and reap the health benefits it has to offer.
Tips and tricks for crustless mini quiche lorraine
Tips and Tricks for Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine:
- For the perfect quiche, choose a high-quality cheese that melts nicely, such as Gruyère or Emmental.
- For extra flavor, you can also add a bit of smoked ham or lardons.
- To achieve the perfect texture, use a combination of whole eggs and egg whites.
- For a flaky bottom crust, use a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe glass baking dish.
- When baking the quiche, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown.
- For a delicious vegetarian option, you can substitute the ham or lardons with mushrooms or zucchini.
- For an extra-crispy top, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top before baking.
- For a lighter option, use low-fat milk instead of cream.
- Let the quiches cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Make ahead crustless mini quiche lorraine
Making ahead crustless mini Quiche Lorraine is a great way to simplify meal prep and save time in the kitchen. This delicious and savory dish is the perfect brunch option for special occasions or just a lazy Sunday morning. With a few simple steps, you can have scrumptious mini quiche ready for your next meal.
The key to making ahead crustless mini quiche Lorraine is all in the preparation. Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, grease a mini muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Then, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together 8 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Feel free to add in some of your favorite spices or herbs for extra flavor. Once the mixture is combined, divide it evenly among the muffin tins.
Next, add in any desired toppings. This can include cooked bacon, diced ham, shredded cheese, or chopped vegetables. Once the filling ingredients are added, bake the quiches for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
Finally, let the mini quiches cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. At this point, the quiches are ready to eat. However, for maximum meal-prep efficiency, you can store the cooled quiches in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the quiches in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes before serving.
With a little bit of advance preparation, you can enjoy tasty crustless mini quiche Lorraine any time. Whether you’re hosting brunch or just need a quick breakfast on the go, this make-ahead recipe is sure to be a hit.
Serving ideas for crustless mini quiche lorraine
Serving Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is a great way to bring delicious and versatile flavors to any meal. This classic French dish is a great way to enjoy a mix of salty, cheesy and savory flavors in one bite. It can be served as a main course or as a side dish, and can be scaled up or down to make the desired number of servings. Here are some ideas on how to use this recipe.
For a brunch buffet, serve Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine with a side salad and fresh fruit. This dish can also be served as an appetizer, either alone or as part of a charcuterie board. For a more substantial appetizer, top each quiche with a dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is also a great addition to a lunch or dinner spread. Serve it alongside roasted vegetables, a hearty soup or stew, or a classic French dish such as coq au vin or ratatouille. Alternatively, serve it as part of a light lunch or dinner with a side of greens and a glass of white wine.
No matter how you serve it, Crustless Mini Quiche Lorraine is sure to be a hit.