Curry-Scented Grilled Beef Lettuce Wraps: A Tantalizing Recipe For The Curry Lover In All Of Us!
I’m a big fan of curry, so I was excited to try this recipe for Curry-Scented Grilled Beef Lettuce Wraps. The beef turned out really tender and flavorful, and the lettuce wraps were the perfect way to enjoy it. The curry flavor was just right – not too overpowering. Overall, this is a great recipe if you’re looking for something different to grill up this summer.
Curry-Scented Grilled Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts or cashews, finely chopped
- 3 medium green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Madras-style curry powder (preferably Sun brand)
- 3/4 teaspoon recently ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Brimming 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (about 85 percent lean)
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, or 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanuts or cashews, green onions, curry powder, black pepper, water, oyster sauce, and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Add the ground beef and mix gently with your hands until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (350°F to 400°F).
- Grill the beef mixture for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until evenly browned and slightly firm to the touch (do not overcook). Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before chopping into bite-size pieces with a sharp knife or cutting into thin strips with a cleaver.
- Combine the sugar or maple syrup, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl, mix well then taste and adjust seasoning as necessary (the dressing should be tart but also sweet). Drizzle over grilled beef lettuce wraps just before serving, and enjoy immediately.
- Serving size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar 5g
What are the key ingredients in curry-scented grilled beef lettuce wraps?
The key ingredients in curry-scented grilled beef lettuce wraps are peanuts, green onions, curry powder, pepper, water, oyster sauce and fish sauce. These ingredients work together to create a flavor profile that is both savory and slightly sweet with a hint of spice from the curry powder. The result is a dish that is hearty enough to be a main course, but can also be enjoyed as an appetizer or light snack.
What other toppings can be added to these wraps for extra flavor?
Other potential toppings for these curry-scented grilled beef lettuce wraps could include different types of cheese, vegetables, or fruits. Different kinds of cheese would provide a different level of creaminess and sharpness to the overall flavor profile, while vegetables like onions or peppers could add some extra crunch. Fruits like diced mango or pineapple could also be used to top these wraps for a touch of sweetness.
How does grilling the beef add flavor to the wraps?
- Smoke the beef for a few hours.
- Wrap the beef tightly in foil or pink butcher paper.
- Grill the wrapped beef for added flavor.