I’m always on the lookout for delicious and easy recipes that make my mouth water. I’ve recently discovered this amazing recipe for Easy Herbed Lamb Chops, and it’s quickly become one of my favorites! I love the way the herbs and spices bring out the natural flavor of the lamb, and the fact that it’s so easy to make is an added bonus. The preparation time is minimal, and the result is tender, juicy lamb chops that are sure to please any hungry crowd.
Easy Herbed Lamb Chops Recipe
- 12 lamb chops
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- leaves from 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the lamb chops in a large baking dish and pour the olive oil over the top.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped onion, celery, salt, basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix together until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Spread the mixture over the lamb chops, making sure to coat each chop evenly.
- Pour the water over the top of the lamb chops and vegetables, ensuring the chops are evenly coated.
- Bake the lamb chops in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the chops are cooked through.
- Remove the lamb chops from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- Serve the Easy Herbed Lamb Chops warm with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 lamb chop
- Calories: 250
- Total fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Protein: 25g
- Vitamin A: 2% DV
- Vitamin C: 2% DV
- Calcium: 2% DV
- Iron: 4% DV
What are the best seasoning and spice combinations for lamb chops?
Herbs are a great way to bring out the natural flavors of lamb chops. The best seasoning and spice combinations for lamb chops include a combination of garlic, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and sage. When combined, these herbs create a complex flavor profile that enhances the flavor of the lamb chops. Additionally, a pinch of salt and pepper can be used to bring out the flavor of the herbs and the lamb chops.
To begin, combine a teaspoon of minced garlic, one teaspoon of oregano, one teaspoon of rosemary, half a teaspoon of thyme, and half a teaspoon of sage in a bowl. Mix the herbs together and then season the lamb chops with the mixture. Next, add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix the seasoning into the lamb chops.
Once the seasoning is mixed into the lamb chops, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Place the lamb chops in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the lamb chops are cooked through. When the lamb chops are done, they can be served with a side of vegetables or a salad.
This easy herbed lamb chop recipe is a great way to bring out the flavor of the lamb chops and is sure to be a hit with the family. With the right combination of herbs and spices, this recipe is sure to become a favorite.
What are the health benefits of eating lamb?
Lamb is an excellent source of high-quality protein and is rich in essential amino acids.
- It is also a great source of minerals and vitamins, including iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- Lamb is naturally low in saturated fat and contains important omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation.
- It is also a good source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor properties.
- Lamb is also a good source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Eating lamb can also help to boost your immune system due to its high levels of vitamin B12, zinc, and selenium.
- Eating lamb on a regular basis can help to improve bone health due to its high levels of phosphorus and calcium.
- Lamb is also a great source of energy and can help to improve your overall health and well-being.
In conclusion, eating lamb can provide a wealth of health benefits, from improving your immune system to helping to reduce inflammation. The high-quality protein, minerals, and vitamins found in lamb make it a great addition to any diet.
What side dishes pair well with herbed lamb chops?
Herbed lamb chops pair perfectly with a variety of side dishes. Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, a bright green salad, and a chilled cucumber yogurt sauce are some of the most popular accompaniments to this savory dish.
Roasted vegetables are a great way to add flavor and texture to a plate of herbed lamb chops. Sweet potatoes, red onions, carrots, and garlic can be tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then spread on a baking sheet and roasted at 425°F (220°C) for 15 to 20 minutes. The result is a flavorful, crunchy side dish that pairs nicely with the savory herbed lamb chops.
Mashed potatoes are an excellent way to satisfy carb cravings without adding too many calories. To make the perfect mashed potatoes for herbed lamb chops, start by boiling potatoes in salted water until they are tender. Next, mash the potatoes with butter, cream, garlic, and salt to taste. Serve the mashed potatoes with the herbed lamb chops for a comforting and delicious meal.
A bright, crunchy green salad is a great way to add a refreshing element to herbed lamb chops. To make the perfect green salad, combine a variety of lettuces, cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, and cucumbers. Top the salad with a simple vinaigrette dressing and enjoy.
Chilled Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
A chilled cucumber yogurt sauce is a cooling, creamy accompaniment to herbed lamb chops. To make the sauce, combine Greek yogurt, minced cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and chill in the refrigerator before serving. The sauce adds a hint of tanginess to the savory lamb chops.
Herbed lamb chops can be perfectly paired with a variety of side dishes. Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, a bright green salad, and a chilled cucumber yogurt sauce are all delicious options that will make this savory dish even more enjoyable.
What wine should i serve with herbed lamb chops?
When it comes to pairing wine with herbed lamb chops, the best choice is a full-bodied red with strong tannins and a hint of acidity. Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec are two excellent choices to pair with herbed lamb chops.
When selecting a Cabernet Sauvignon, look for a variety that has notes of black currant and dark cherry. For a Malbec, look for a variety that has notes of plum, blackberry, and mocha. Both of these wines are bold and will stand up to the bold flavors of the herbed lamb chops.
When choosing a wine to pair with herbed lamb chops, it is also important to consider the other elements of the dish. For example, if the herbed lamb chops are served with a creamy sauce, you may want to opt for a wine with a hint of sweetness, such as a Pinot Noir or a Barbera. If the herbed lamb chops are served with a more acidic sauce, such as a tomato-based sauce, then you may want to opt for a more acidic wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay.
No matter which wine you choose to serve with herbed lamb chops, be sure to serve it slightly chilled. This will help to bring out the flavor of the wine and will help to balance the bold flavors of the herbed lamb chops.
At the end of the day, the best wine to pair with herbed lamb chops is the one that you enjoy the most. With so many delicious wines to choose from, you are sure to find something that you and your guests will love.
What are some creative ways to serve herbed lamb chops?
Herbed lamb chops are a delicious and easy dish to prepare, and there are a variety of creative ways to serve them. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Serve the lamb chops with a side of roasted vegetables. Roast a variety of vegetables such as potato, carrot, Brussels sprouts, and onion, tossed in olive oil, herbes de Provence, and a little salt and pepper. This is a delicious and healthy side that complements the flavor of the herbed lamb chops.
- Create a flavorful salad with the herbed lamb chops as the base. Toss together baby greens, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Top it off with a light vinaigrette dressing. The combination of flavors and textures is sure to be delicious.
- Prepare a herbed couscous to go with your herbed lamb chops. Cook up some couscous with a variety of herbs such as oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley. This is a great side dish to serve with the herbed lamb chops, as the flavors of the couscous and the chops complement each other.
- Serve the herbed lamb chops with a creamy mashed potato dish. You can make a traditional mashed potato dish, or try adding some herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and parsley for added flavor. The creamy potatoes will make a great accompaniment to the herbed lamb chops.
- Turn the herbed lamb chops into a sandwich. Toast some fresh bread and top it with the herbed lamb chops, a few slices of tomatoes, some lettuce, and a creamy yogurt spread. This sandwich is a delicious way to enjoy the herbed lamb chops.
These are just some of the creative ways you can serve herbed lamb chops. With a little bit of imagination, you can come up with even more delicious ways to enjoy this tasty dish.