Growing up, my mom would whip together this delicious and hearty soup she called “Five Can Soup.” It was always a family favorite, with its mix of canned vegetables, beans, and tomatoes, and I knew it was a guaranteed hit every time she made it.
Five Can Soup Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can prepared chili with beans (such as Hormel®)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can vegetable beef soup (such as Campbell’s®)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup (such as Campbell’s®)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- Begin by gathering all of your ingredients for the Five Can Soup.
- Open all of the cans and pour their contents into a large pot.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and bring the soup to a gentle boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and let the soup cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Five Can Soup hot and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (236g)
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Highlighting the versatility of a 5-can soup recipe, such as using different types of canned vegetables, proteins, and herbs to customize the flavor.
The beauty of a 5-can soup recipe is the versatility it offers in customizing the flavor to suit individual tastes. With just five cans of ingredients, you can create a hearty soup that is both delicious and nutritious. In this article, we will highlight the various ways to customize the flavor of a 5-can soup by using different types of canned vegetables, proteins, and herbs.
When it comes to canned vegetables, there are so many options that are easy to find at a grocery store. You can choose a combination of carrots, potatoes, corn, peas, celery, mushrooms, green beans, and more. Depending on the desired flavor profile, you could opt for a mix of vegetables, such as carrots and celery, or you could go with a single type of vegetable, such as corn.
For the protein, you could use canned beans or another type of canned meat, such as tuna or chicken. You could also opt for a vegetarian or vegan option, such as lentils or tempeh. Adding a protein to the soup will give it more depth and nutrition.
Finally, you can customize the flavor of your soup by using different herbs and spices. For a spicy twist, try adding chili powder, cumin, or paprika. For a more subtle flavor, try adding oregano, thyme, or basil. You could also try adding garlic or onion powder for a savory flavor.
As you can see, a 5-can soup recipe is incredibly versatile. By using different types of canned vegetables, proteins, and herbs, you can customize the flavor to fit your own tastes. Whether you’re looking for a spicy kick or a more subtle flavor, a 5-can soup is the perfect way to create a delicious and nutritious meal.
Exploring the health benefits of 5-can soup, such as the high nutritional content of canned ingredients as well as the convenience of a ready-made meal.
The health benefits of 5-can soup are numerous, both in terms of the nutritional content of canned ingredients and the convenience of a ready-made meal:
- Canned ingredients used to make 5-can soup provide valuable nutrients, such as protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- can soup is an easy, nutritious meal that can be made with minimal effort and time. All you need are five cans of ingredients, such as canned vegetables, beans, and even meat.
- Making 5-can soup is also an economical choice, as canned ingredients are typically more affordable than fresh ingredients.
- can soup is a great way to get creative in the kitchen and experiment with different flavors.
- It is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which helps to promote digestive health.
- can soup is also an easy way to add variety to your diet, as you can easily switch up the ingredients used.
- Finally, 5-can soup is a great way to use up leftovers, as you can easily add any leftover vegetables or meats to the soup.
Tips for making 5-can soup more interesting, such as adding spices, fresh herbs, and other seasonings.
Spice up your Five Can Soup by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of chili powder.
- Use fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, and oregano to brighten and enhance the flavor of your soup.
- Try adding a variety of dried seasonings such as garlic and onion powder, paprika, and turmeric.
- Experiment with different types of stock like chicken, beef, or vegetable for a richer flavor.
- Use a combination of fresh and canned vegetables for a more varied flavor and texture.
- Add a bit of fresh lime or lemon juice to give your soup a zesty kick.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top for a creamy and savory finish.
Exploring different styles of 5-can soup, such as mexican, italian, and asian-inspired versions.
Exploring different styles of 5-can soup can add variety to your meal plan and provide a much-needed change of pace. Here, we will discuss three of the most popular 5-can soup styles that can easily be prepared in your own kitchen.
Mexican-style 5-can soup is a great way to bring a bit of heat and spice to your meal. This type of soup utilizes five cans of ingredients, such as black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, chilies, and chicken broth. To create a truly authentic Mexican-style soup, add fresh cilantro, lime juice, and a sprinkle of cotija cheese.
Italian-style 5-can soup is a delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for a chilly evening. To make this soup, use five cans of ingredients such as cannellini beans, crushed tomatoes, spinach, diced potatoes, and vegetable broth. Add plenty of garlic, oregano, and a splash of white wine for a truly Italian-inspired soup.
Finally, Asian-style 5-can soup combines the flavors of the east with the convenience of canned ingredients. Start with five cans of ingredients like coconut milk, green curry paste, red lentils, diced carrots, and vegetable broth. From there, add fresh ginger, cilantro, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for a soup that will warm you up from the inside out.
No matter which style of 5-can soup you choose, the result will be a delicious and satisfying meal. With a little creativity, you can create a variety of different soups to suit any taste. So go ahead and try out some new styles of 5-can soup and enjoy the variety that it brings to your meal plan.
Comparing the cost of a 5-can soup versus a homemade soup, such as the cost of ingredients and time saved with a canned soup.
When it comes to the cost of a 5-can soup versus a homemade soup, there are several factors to consider. Canned soup is typically cheaper than making soup from scratch, but the cost of ingredients and time saved with a canned soup needs to be weighed against the overall quality and taste of the finished product.
When looking at the cost of a 5-can soup, the price of the can of soup is typically cheaper than buying all the ingredients to make a homemade soup. For instance, a can of Campbell’s Chunky Soup may cost around $2, whereas the ingredients for a homemade soup may add up to around $4 or more.
Another factor to consider is the time saved with a canned soup. Depending on the type of soup, prep time and cooking time can take anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours. With a canned soup, you can have it ready to eat in five minutes or less.
However, it is important to remember that the taste and quality of a canned soup may not be as good as a homemade soup. In addition, canned soups may contain added preservatives and other ingredients that you would not normally find in a homemade soup.
Overall, the cost of a 5-can soup versus a homemade soup needs to be weighed against the time saved and the quality of the finished product. If you are looking for a quick and easy solution, a canned soup may be the better option. However, if you are looking for a soup with the best quality and taste, a homemade soup may be the way to go.