Deliciously Moist Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread
I love the taste of homemade bread, especially when it’s made with seasonal ingredients like cranberries and pumpkin. This Fresh Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorite recipes for autumn. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. The sweet-tart cranberries and creamy pumpkin combine to create a unique flavor that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends. I always get compliments when I make this bread, so I know you’ll love it too.
Fresh Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Cooking spray
- All-purpose flour (3 ½ cups)
- White sugar (2 ½ cups)
- Pumpkin pie spice (1 ½ tablespoons)
- Baking soda (2 teaspoons)
- Canned pumpkin puree (1 ½ cups)
- Eggs (4)
- Milk (⅔ cup)
- Canola oil (½ cup)
- Fresh cranberries (1 (12 ounce) package)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 ½ cups white sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice and 2 teaspoons baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, ⅔ cup milk, and ½ cup canola oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is fully combined.
- Fold in 1 (12 ounce) package of fresh cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan and slicing. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Sugar: 16.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 153mg
What are creative ways to use pumpkin or cranberry bread?
If you’re looking for a delicious and creative way to enjoy the season’s bounty of fresh cranberries and pumpkin, look no further than fresh cranberry-pumpkin bread. This delectable treat combines the sweet taste of pumpkin with the tart flavor of cranberries for a unique and delightful treat. Here are some creative ways to use this delicious bread:
- Make pumpkin-cranberry French toast. Slice the bread into thick slices, dip in beaten eggs mixed with a little milk, then cook in a hot skillet. Serve with butter, syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
- Roast pork loin or tenderloin with a cranberry-pumpkin stuffing. Dice the bread into cubes and mix with fresh cranberries, pumpkin puree, and a few herbs and spices. Stuff the pork and roast until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Make pumpkin-cranberry bread pudding. Tear the bread into small pieces and mix with eggs, cream, pumpkin puree, and cranberries. Bake in a greased baking dish until golden brown. Top with a dollop of whipped cream for an extra-special treat.
- Mix diced cranberry-pumpkin bread into your favorite muffin recipe. The bread adds a delicious texture and flavor to the muffin, and the cranberries and pumpkin provide a unique seasonal twist.
No matter how you choose to use it, fresh cranberry-pumpkin bread is sure to please. With these creative ideas, you can make an ordinary treat into something extraordinary.
What other ingredients can be used to substitute for cranberries?
For those looking for a delicious and unique twist on a classic pumpkin bread recipe, adding cranberries is an excellent way to add a little tartness and texture to the mix. But while cranberries are a tasty addition, they can be hard to find in some parts of the world.
Luckily, there are several other ingredients that can be used as a substitute for cranberries. First, dried cherries can be used in place of cranberries. The sweetness of the cherries pairs nicely with the pumpkin and the bread will still have a nice tartness.
Another great substitute for cranberries is dried cranberries. These are much easier to find than fresh cranberries and still provide a tart taste when added to the bread.
For a slightly different flavor, dried currants can be used in place of cranberries. These are a bit milder in flavor, but still provide a great texture to the bread.
Finally, raisins can be used in place of cranberries. These are slightly sweeter than cranberries, so the flavor of the bread will be a bit different, but still delicious.
Using any of the above ingredients is an excellent way to make a unique twist on a classic pumpkin bread recipe. Whether you use cherries, cranberries, currants, or raisins, you’ll be sure to have a delicious and unique bread that your family and friends are sure to love.
What are the benefits of using fresh cranberries in baking?
The combination of fresh cranberries and pumpkin together in a bread is an irresistible combination that can be enjoyed year-round. Fresh cranberry-pumpkin bread is a great way to enjoy a comforting treat while also taking advantage of the unique flavor and health benefits of fresh cranberries. Here are some of the benefits of using fresh cranberries when baking:
- Flavor: Fresh cranberries have a unique flavor that adds a tart, yet sweet taste to breads, cakes, muffins and other baked goods. The tartness of the cranberries is balanced nicely with the sweetness of the pumpkin, resulting in a delicious, comforting treat.
- Texture: Fresh cranberries add a crunchy texture to breads, cakes and other baked goods. This crunchiness helps to add a contrast to the soft, moist texture of the pumpkin, making for a more enjoyable eating experience.
- Nutrition: Fresh cranberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, which can help to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. They also contain high levels of fiber, vitamin C, manganese and potassium, making them a great addition to any baking recipe.
- Versatility: Fresh cranberries can be used in a variety of baking recipes, including breads, cakes, muffins, cookies and even smoothies. You can also mix them with other fruits to create unique flavor combinations.
Overall, fresh cranberries are an excellent addition to any baking recipe. They add a unique flavor, crunchy texture and plenty of nutrition to breads, cakes, muffins and other recipes.
How does pumpkin enhance the flavor of a bread recipe?
How does pumpkin enhance the flavor of a bread recipe? This is a question that can be explored further when it comes to baking a delicious Fresh Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread.
Pumpkin is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different recipes, from savory dishes to sweet treats. When used in a bread recipe, pumpkin can add a unique flavor and texture that will make the bread stand out. Here are some of the ways pumpkin can enhance the flavor of a bread recipe:
- Adds a delicate and subtle sweetness – Pumpkin has a naturally sweet flavor that adds a subtle sweetness to the overall flavor of the bread. This can help to balance out the other flavors in the recipe.
- Enhances other flavors – The flavor of pumpkin is mild and mellow, so it helps to bring out the flavor of other ingredients in the recipe. For example, adding pumpkin to a Fresh Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread will enhance the tartness of the cranberries.
- Adds moisture – Pumpkin is a very moist ingredient, so it helps to keep the bread moist and tender. This makes it easier to slice and enjoy the bread.
- Aids in texture – Pumpkin adds a unique texture to the bread. It helps the bread to become light and airy, yet still holds its shape when sliced.
Overall, adding pumpkin to a bread recipe can help to enhance the flavor and texture of the bread. Pumpkin has a delicate sweetness and mild flavor that helps to bring out the flavor of other ingredients in the recipe. It also adds moisture and a unique texture to the bread.
What tips can be used to make a moist and flavorful pumpkin bread?
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the fresh cranberries.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack.
Tips for a Moist and Flavorful Pumpkin Bread:
- Use real butter instead of margarine or shortening for a richer flavor.
- Make sure to not overmix the batter, as this can make the bread dry.
- Add nuts, seeds, or dried fruits to the batter for an extra flavor boost.
- Be generous with your spices! Pumpkin bread is all about the spices, so don’t be afraid to add more than the recipe calls for.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing. This will help keep the bread moist and flavorful.