Grape-Licious Summer Treat!
My kids love to snack on something sweet after school, and these Frozen Grape Bites are the perfect snack for them! I love making them because they require next to no effort, and they come out delicious every time.
Frozen Grape Bites Recipe
- 1. 24 frozen green grapes
- 2. 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3. Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a baking tray and spread a layer of cooking spray over it.
- Place the frozen green grapes on the baking tray.
- Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Once the grapes have been baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and beat it until it forms soft peaks.
- Once the grapes have cooled, dip each one into the whipped cream, making sure to coat it completely.
- Place the coated grapes on a plate or baking tray and put them in the freezer for at least 45 minutes, or until they are completely frozen.
- Serve the frozen grape bites and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 grape
- Calories: 20
- Total fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Total carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 0.5g
What other types of fruit can be frozen into bite-sized pieces?
Frozen fruit bites are a delicious and healthy snack that can easily be made at home. While frozen grape bites are likely the most popular, there are a variety of other types of fruit that can also be frozen into bite-sized pieces.
Frozen strawberry bites are a great alternative to the traditional grape variety. All you need to do is to clean and hull the strawberries, cut them into small pieces, and place them onto a tray lined with parchment paper before freezing. These little frozen strawberry bites are a sweet and refreshing snack, perfect for a hot summer day.
Cherries are another excellent option for freezing into bite-sized pieces. Pit the cherries and halve them before freezing on a tray. Once frozen, you’ll have a sweet and juicy snack that you can enjoy all summer long.
Bananas are a great choice if you’re looking for a creamier texture. Cut them into small pieces, freeze on a tray, and enjoy a delicious frozen treat.
Pineapple is another delicious fruit that can be frozen into bite-sized pieces. Simply cut the pineapple into small cubes, freeze on a tray, and enjoy. The chewy texture is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Frozen fruit bites are a great way to get the sweetness of fresh fruit without the mess. With so many different types of fruit to choose from, you’re sure to find something that everyone in your family will enjoy. So the next time you’re looking for a delicious and healthy snack, don’t forget about frozen fruit bites.
What are some creative ways to use frozen grape bites?
Frozen grape bites are a delicious and healthy snack option that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. From adding them to salads and smoothies, to using them for a sweet-and-tart topping for desserts, there are many creative ways to use frozen grape bites. Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Grape and Arugula Salad: For a refreshing and summery salad, combine fresh arugula with frozen grape bites, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with a light balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy!
- Grape and Banana Smoothie: For a sweet and creamy smoothie, blend frozen banana slices, frozen grape bites, and a splash of non-dairy milk. Add a spoonful of honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness.
- Frozen Grape and Yogurt Parfait: Layer your favorite Greek yogurt with frozen grape bites, granola, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy as a nutritious and delicious breakfast or snack.
- Grape and Ricotta Toasts: For a savory snack, top toast slices with ricotta cheese and frozen grape bites. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for a delicious and healthy snack.
- Grape and Brie Crostini: For a simple, yet impressive appetizer, top toasted baguette slices with brie cheese and frozen grape bites. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, and enjoy!
These are just a few of the many creative ways to enjoy frozen grape bites. With so many possibilities, these tasty snacks are sure to become a staple in your home.
What are the health benefits of grapes?
Grapes provide a variety of health benefits including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection, promoting heart health, and providing a source of vitamins and minerals.
- Frozen Grape Bites are a tasty and convenient way to reap the health benefits of grapes.
- Here are some of the potential health benefits of consuming grapes:
Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Protection: Grapes are packed with antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids, which can help fight free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Promoting Heart Health: Grapes are high in fiber, potassium, and other essential vitamins and minerals, which can help promote heart health by keeping cholesterol levels in check and aiding in lowering blood pressure.
- Source of Vitamins and Minerals: Grapes contain vitamins A, C, and K, as well as several B vitamins, which can help boost the immune system and provide energy. They also contain essential minerals, such as iron, magnesium, and calcium, which are important for bone health.
- Convenient Snack: Frozen Grape Bites are a convenient and tasty way to get the health benefits of grapes without having to eat them fresh. They can be stored in the freezer for an easy, on-the-go snack.
Are there any tips for freezing grapes without making them too hard?
Yes, there are some tips for freezing grapes without making them too hard. Here are some suggestions to follow:
- Choose ripe but firm grapes. Avoid overly ripe and soft grapes as they will be too mushy when frozen.
- Wash the grapes and remove the stems before freezing.
- Spread the grapes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for about two hours.
- Transfer the frozen grapes to a freezer-safe container.
- If storing for longer than one month, it’s a good idea to wrap each grape in wax paper or place them inside a sealed plastic bag. This will help prevent them from sticking together.
- When ready to enjoy, let the grapes thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Frozen grapes make a delicious and healthy snack, especially in the summer months. With these tips, you can enjoy frozen grapes without the worry of them becoming too hard or crunchy.
What are some other easy and healthy snacks for kids?
Frozen Grape Bites are an easy and healthy snack for kids that are both simple to make and delicious to eat. However, there are plenty of other easy and healthy snacks for kids that parents can make. Here are some ideas:
- Frozen Yogurt Bites – These are simple to make and can be customized with a variety of flavors and toppings. Simply combine Greek yogurt with honey and your favorite fruit, freeze, and enjoy!
- Trail Mix – Trail mix offers a variety of multi-purpose ingredients to make a nutritious and delicious snack. Mix together nuts, dried fruit, seeds, and dark chocolate chips for a snack your kids will love.
- Fresh Fruit and Veggie Sticks – Fresh fruit and vegetables make a great snack that can easily be customized to your kids’ tastes. Simply slice up the fruits and veggies of your choice and serve with a dip.
- Popcorn – Popcorn is a healthy snack option that can be made in a variety of ways. Try jazzing it up with your favorite spices or herbs for a fun and flavorful snack.
- Smoothies – Smoothies are a great way to get a variety of vitamins and minerals into your kids’ diets. Simply combine your favorite fruits and vegetables with some milk or a plant-based milk alternative and you’re good to go!
Overall, there are plenty of easy and healthy snacks to choose from for your kids. From frozen grapes to smoothies, you’re sure to find something that your kids will enjoy.