Sweet & Spicy Fruit Skewers With Apple Cinnamon Dip
I have a sweet tooth and love finding new recipes that satisfy my craving for something delicious. This Fruit Skewers With Apple Cinnamon Dipping Sauce recipe is one of my favorites. Not only is it simple to make, but the combination of sweet and tart fruit with the sweet and spicy apple cinnamon dipping sauce is definitely something to rave about. It’s the perfect dish for a summer barbecue or a light dessert.
Fruit Skewers With Apple Cinnamon Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup apple chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 8 (6 inch) wooden skewers
- ½ cup vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (such as Mott’s® Natural Applesauce)
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Gather the ingredients: 1 cup seedless grapes, 1 cup fresh strawberries, 1 cup apple chunks, 1 cup pineapple chunks, 8 (6 inch) wooden skewers, ½ cup vanilla Greek-style yogurt, 2 tablespoons applesauce (such as Mott’s® Natural Applesauce), ⅛ teaspoon almond extract, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Rinse the grapes, strawberries, apples, and pineapple.
- Cut the apples, strawberries, and pineapple into 1 inch chunks.
- Thread the fruit onto the wooden skewers, alternating between the grapes, apples, strawberries, and pineapple.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, applesauce, almond extract, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Serve the fruit skewers with the apple cinnamon dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer, Calories: 45, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 9mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Sugars: 8g, Protein: 1g
What are some creative ways to add more fruit to your meals?
One creative way to add more fruit to your meals is to include fruit skewers. Fruit skewers are a fun, easy way to add a burst of flavor and color to any meal. They can be used as an appetizer, snack, or even as a dessert. Plus, they are a great way to get the whole family involved in meal preparation. To make fruit skewers, simply cut up your favorite fruits into bite-sized pieces and thread them onto skewers. You can use any type of fruits, such as strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, apples, oranges, and more. Then, serve them with a delicious dipping sauce, such as an apple cinnamon sauce. This will add another layer of flavor to your fruit skewers and make them even more enjoyable.
What are the health benefits of incorporating fruit into your diet?
Fruit provides a variety of essential vitamins and minerals that can promote overall health when incorporated into a balanced diet. Eating fruit can provide numerous health benefits, including:
- Improved digestion: Fruit contains dietary fiber that can help aid digestion, as well as promote regularity and help prevent constipation.
- Improved heart health: Eating fruit has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. Fruits are high in antioxidants and other compounds that help reduce inflammation and lower cholesterol levels.
- Reduced risk of certain cancers: Eating a diet rich in fruit has been linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
- Weight loss: Fruits are low in calories and high in fiber, making them an ideal snack for those looking to lose weight.
- Improved immune system: Fruits are high in vitamins and minerals that can help boost the immune system and reduce the risk of infection.
- Improved skin health: Fruits are packed with antioxidants, which can help reduce the signs of aging and improve skin health.
By incorporating fruit into your diet, you can enjoy all of these health benefits and more. Adding a variety of fruits to your meals and snacks is a great way to get the most out of the nutritional benefits that fruit has to offer.
How do you make sure your fruit skewers are colorful and eye-catching?
If you’re looking to make sure your fruit skewers are colorful and eye-catching, there are a few simple tips you can follow. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Choose a variety of fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi, and apple.
- Try to pick fruits that are in season to ensure they are at their freshest and most vibrant.
- Cut the fruit into cubes or slices of different shapes and sizes to add interest.
- Alternate colors and shapes on the skewers to create an eye-catching pattern.
- Serve the skewers with a delicious dipping sauce, such as an apple cinnamon sauce, for an extra special touch.
- If desired, top the skewers with a sprinkle of coconut flakes or a drizzle of honey for added sweetness.
What type of apples are the best for making apple cinnamon dipping sauce?
Granny Smith apples are the best type of apples to use when making an apple cinnamon dipping sauce. This type of apple has a tart flavor and a firm texture, which makes it perfect for holding up against the other ingredients in the sauce. Additionally, Granny Smith apples have a natural sweetness that will bring out the flavor of the cinnamon and other spices.
What other sweet dipping sauces can you serve with fruit skewers?
Other than the classic apple cinnamon dipping sauce, there are a number of other sweet dipping sauces that can be served with fruit skewers. Some delicious options include a honey cinnamon sauce, a brown sugar caramel sauce, and a chocolate peanut butter sauce.
Honey Cinnamon Sauce: This sweet and savory sauce is a great accompaniment to a variety of fruits. To make it, mix together 1/2 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Heat the mixture over low heat until it is combined and slightly thickened.
Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce: This indulgent sauce is sure to please any sweet tooth. To make it, combine 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1/4 cup of light corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it is bubbling and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract before serving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce: This decadent combination is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. To make it, melt 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Serve warm or chilled.