I can still remember the first time I tried green chile enchiladas. It was at a local Mexican restaurant in my hometown and they were so delicious that I just had to learn how to make them myself. I have spent many years perfecting my recipe and I’m so excited to share it with you! This green chile enchilada recipe is full of flavor and is sure to become a family favorite.
Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky, mild green chile salsa
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups sour cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, and salsa.
- Spread a small amount of the cheese and turkey mixture onto each of the flour tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of sour cream over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with remaining ½ cup of sour cream. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 15g
Overview of green chile enchiladas: history, regional variations, popular dishes
Green Chile Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish made with corn tortillas and a green chile sauce. The dish has a long and varied history, with different variations and popular dishes depending on the region.
Green Chile Enchiladas have been a part of Mexican cuisine for hundreds of years. The origins of the dish can be traced back to the Aztecs, who used chiles in many of their dishes. The use of green chiles in Mexican dishes dates back even further, to the Mayan civilization. As the dish spread through Mexico, variations developed depending on the region.
Green Chile Enchiladas vary from region to region. The most popular variations include the Sonoran style, which is made with a cheese-filled rolled enchilada, and the Oaxacan style, which is made with a sauce-filled open-faced enchilada. Other popular regional variations include the Veracruz style, which is made with a red chile sauce, and the Yucatan style, which is made with a spicy habanero sauce.
Green Chile Enchiladas are part of many popular dishes. Some of the most popular include Enchiladas Verdes, which are made with a cheese-filled rolled enchilada, and Enmoladas, which are made with a mole sauce. Other popular dishes include Enfrijoladas, which are made with a black bean sauce, and Enchiladas Suizas, which are made with a cheese and cream sauce.
Green Chile Enchiladas have a long and varied history, with different variations and popular dishes depending on the region. The most popular variations include the Sonoran style, the Oaxacan style, the Veracruz style, and the Yucatan style. Popular dishes include Enchiladas Verdes, Enmoladas, Enfrijoladas, and Enchiladas Suizas.
Nutritional benefits of green chile enchiladas: vitamins, minerals, and health benefits
Green Chile Enchiladas are a popular Tex-Mex dish that combine the flavors of roasted green chiles, cheese, and a homemade sauce. They provide not only a delicious meal but also a variety of essential vitamins, minerals, and health benefits.
- Green Chile Enchiladas are an excellent source of several essential vitamins and minerals. They contain high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- These vitamins and minerals are essential for maintaining good health, as they play a role in immune system health, bone health, and cell growth.
- Green Chile Enchiladas also provide beneficial health benefits. They are a low calorie, low fat, and high protein meal.
- They are also gluten-free and contain no added sugar, which makes them a healthier choice for those with dietary restrictions.
- Lastly, green chiles are known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and promote a healthy immune system.
Green Chile Enchiladas are not only a delicious meal but they also provide essential vitamins, minerals, and health benefits. They are a low calorie, low fat, and high protein dish that is perfect for those with dietary restrictions. Furthermore, green chiles are packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce inflammation and promote a healthy immune system.
Tips for making delicious green chile enchiladas: choosing quality ingredients, preparing the filling, rolling the enchiladas
Making delicious green chile enchiladas is a simple process when you have the right ingredients and the right cooking techniques. Here are some tips to make sure your green chile enchiladas come out tasty and flavorful:
Choosing Quality Ingredients:
- Choose quality tortillas, preferably of the corn variety.
- Choose quality chiles and make sure they’re fresh.
- Select a good quality cheese for your enchiladas.
- Use a high-quality meat if desired.
- Choose quality sour cream, cream cheese, and other ingredients as desired.
Preparing the Filling:
- Roast and peel the chiles, if necessary.
- Cook the meat, if desired.
- Blend the chiles, seasonings, and other ingredients together to make a sauce.
- Mix the sauce with the meat and cheese to create the filling.
Rolling the Enchiladas:
- Spread a thin layer of the filling down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in a baking dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining filling and sauce.
- Bake the enchiladas until they’re golden and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, diced onions, and cilantro.
Uses for leftover green chile enchiladas: soups, salads, and more
Leftover green chile enchiladas can be used to make a variety of delicious meals. With a few simple ingredients, these enchiladas can become soups, salads, and other creative dishes. The versatility of green chile enchiladas makes them the perfect ingredient for any meal.
Soups are often a great way to use up leftovers, and green chile enchiladas are no exception. By combining shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, and your favorite spices, you can create a flavorful soup that is sure to please. To give the soup more substance, add a can of black beans or corn and top with a sprinkle of cheese.
Salads also make a great use for leftover green chile enchiladas. Simply tear the enchiladas into small pieces, mix with other ingredients such as black beans, corn, and tomatoes, and dress with your favorite vinaigrette. You can also add some diced avocado for a creamy texture.
There are also numerous ways to repurpose green chile enchiladas into other dishes. For example, you can add them to burritos or tacos for a flavorful filling. Or, you can layer them with black beans, cheese, and tomatoes for a tasty casserole. You can also use them in quesadillas, sandwiches, or nachos.
No matter how you repurpose them, there are many delicious and creative uses for leftover green chile enchiladas. From comforting soups to flavorful salads and more, these enchiladas can be the star of any meal.
Creative ideas for green chile enchiladas: fusion dishes, unique toppings, and more
Green Chile Enchiladas are a classic Mexican dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Whether you’re looking for a creative twist on a traditional favorite or a completely new spin on the classic dish, there are plenty of ideas for making green chile enchiladas. From fusion dishes to unique toppings, here are some creative ideas for green chile enchiladas that are sure to please your taste buds.
For a unique take on green chile enchiladas, why not experiment with a fusion dish? Combining two cultures’ flavors and ingredients can often result in an amazing new dish. For example, try adding some Southeast Asian flavors to your green chile enchiladas by adding coconut milk, curry powder, and red chili flakes to your enchilada sauce. You can also mix up the fillings and try adding some traditional Japanese ingredients like miso paste and seaweed to the mix.
Green chile enchiladas can also be taken to the next level with some creative toppings. Instead of the traditional cheese and sour cream, why not try some unique toppings like pickled jalapenos, diced mangoes, or a drizzle of honey. The possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different ingredients to make your green chile enchiladas even more delicious!
If you’re looking for even more ideas for green chile enchiladas, why not try adding some different fillings? Try adding some spicy chorizo or refried beans to the mix. You can also add a variety of vegetables like bell peppers, corn, and zucchini to create a flavorful and filling dish. When you’re ready to serve, top it off with your favorite toppings and you’re sure to have a tasty meal that everyone will enjoy.
Green chile enchiladas are a classic Mexican dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. With some creative ideas and fusion dishes, you can easily turn your green chile enchiladas into something truly unique. From fusion dishes to unique toppings, there are plenty of ideas for making green chile enchiladas that are sure to please your taste buds.