I’m always looking for new ways to mix up weeknight dinners, and this jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti is one of my absolute favorites! It’s a delicious combination of creamy Italian-style flavors, zesty jalapenos, and cheesy goodness that my family loves. It’s easy to make, and the leftovers are even better the next day.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers – stemmed, seeded, and minced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the ziti pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, cream cheese, pepper Jack cheese, bacon, jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic, onion flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, crackers, and butter.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread the cooked ziti across the bottom of the dish. Pour the Alfredo sauce over the ziti. Top with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 518
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated fat: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 106 mg
- Sodium: 556 mg
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g
What type of cheese is best for jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti?
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is a delicious and easy to make dish that combines the flavors of jalapenos, chicken, and creamy cheese with the comforting texture of ziti pasta. For the best results, it’s important to choose the right type of cheese to add to the dish.
The most common type of cheese used in Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is a creamy, mild cheese such as mozzarella or Monterey Jack. These cheeses are mild enough to not overpower the other flavors in the dish, but still add a nice creaminess that helps bind all the ingredients together.
If you’re looking for a more robust flavor, you can try adding a sharp cheddar cheese. The sharpness of the cheddar helps to balance out the spicy jalapenos and adds an extra layer of flavor.
For a more indulgent dish, you can add a combination of cream cheese and ricotta. The creaminess of the cheeses helps to mellow out the jalapenos and creates a luxurious texture.
No matter which type of cheese you choose, it’s important to make sure that it’s well-shredded before adding it to the mixture. This helps to ensure that the cheese melts evenly and that all the ingredients are well-distributed.
By choosing the right type of cheese, you can take your Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti to the next level. Experiment with different cheeses to find the perfect combination of flavor and texture for your dish.
What are the health benefits of jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti?
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is a delicious and flavorful dish that is packed with health benefits. This dish combines the spicy flavors of jalapeno peppers with the creamy, cheesy goodness of baked ziti. The result is a meal that is full of flavor and nutrition.
Here are some of the health benefits of Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti:
- Protein: This dish is high in protein, providing the body with essential amino acids that are necessary for growth and repair. The chicken and cheese in this dish provide a good source of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Jalapeno peppers are packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, and iron. This dish also contains other vegetables, such as bell peppers and onions, which provide additional vitamins and minerals.
- Fiber: This dish contains plenty of fiber, which is important for digestive health. The pasta and vegetables provide a good source of dietary fiber, which helps the body to stay regular and can also help to lower cholesterol.
- Low in Fat: Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is low in fat and calories, making it a great choice for those looking to watch their weight. The dish also contains healthy fats, such as olive oil and cheese, which can help to keep you feeling full for longer.
- Spicy Flavors: Jalapenos are known for their spicy flavor, which can help to boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss. The spicy flavors can also help to add an extra kick of flavor to the dish.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is an easy and delicious meal that is packed with health benefits. The protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and low fat content make this dish a great choice for those looking for a healthy meal that is still flavorful.
What are some creative ways to serve jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti?
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is a delicious, easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed any night of the week. It is a savory mix of chicken, cheese, jalapenos, and ziti that come together for a flavor-packed dish. If you’re looking for something new and exciting to serve with your next dinner, here are some creative ideas for serving this delicious dish.
- Topping Bar – Set up a Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti topping bar and let your guests customize their dish. Offer a variety of toppings like chopped tomatoes, diced jalapenos, crumbled bacon, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs.
- Ziti Skewers – Cut the ziti into bite-sized pieces and thread them onto skewers. Serve them alongside a creamy dipping sauce for a unique appetizer.
- Quesadillas – Take the Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti and turn it into a cheesy quesadilla. Fill a flour tortilla with the ziti mixture and top with another tortilla. Grill the quesadillas until golden and serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
- Fritters – Transform the Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti into flavorful fritters. Mix the ziti with a few eggs and form into small patties. Fry the fritters in a hot skillet until golden brown and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Stuffed Peppers – Stuff bell peppers with the Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti, top with cheese and bake. These are a delicious and healthy way to serve the ziti.
No matter how you choose to serve this delicious Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti, your guests are sure to be impressed.
What is the best way to store leftovers of jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti?
Storing leftovers of Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti can be a tricky process, but there are some simple steps you can take to ensure that your leftovers stay fresh and delicious.
First, you’ll want to cool the Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti completely before storing it. You can either do this on the countertop or by transferring it to a shallow, airtight container and placing it in the refrigerator. Once the dish is cooled, it should be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator. Make sure to label the container with the date it was made, so you know how long it can be stored for.
For optimal freshness, it’s best to consume the leftovers within two to three days. If you plan to store them for longer than that, you should freeze the leftovers and store them in the freezer. To do this, transfer the Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti to an airtight, freezer-safe container and make sure to label it with the date. When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, make sure to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
By taking the steps listed above, you can enjoy delicious leftovers of Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti for up to several weeks.
What are some alternative toppings for jalapeno popper chicken baked ziti?
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti is a delicious and flavorful combination of Italian pasta, creamy cheese, and spicy jalapenos. This dish is a favorite among many, but if you’re looking for something a bit different, then why not try some alternative toppings? Here are some ideas to help you spice up your Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti.
- Crispy Bacon Bits: Add a bit of crunch and saltiness to your dish by topping it with some crispy bacon bits. This topping will give your dish an extra bit of flavor and texture.
- Roasted Tomatoes: Roasted tomatoes are a great way to add a bit of freshness and flavor to your dish. Simply cut some tomatoes into wedges and place them on top of your dish before baking.
- Sliced Avocado: Avocado adds a delicious creaminess and a touch of healthy fat to any dish. Slice up some avocado and sprinkle it over your dish for an extra layer of flavor.
- Sautéed Mushrooms: Mushrooms are a great way to add a bit of umami flavor to your dish. Sautee some mushrooms in butter and garlic, then top your dish with them for an extra bit of flavor.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is always a great topping for any dish. Simply mix up some avocado, garlic, and lime juice and spoon a dollop of it over your Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti.
These are just a few ideas for alternative toppings for Jalapeno Popper Chicken Baked Ziti. Experiment with different toppings and combinations to find the one that is right for you. No matter what you choose, your dish is sure to be a hit.