Popcorn (Make It Perfectly)
Making popcorn at home is easier than you might think, and it’s a great way to enjoy a tasty snack without all the added chemicals and preservatives of store-bought brands. This recipe for perfect popcorn will give you fluffy, kernels that are cooked to perfection.
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Popcorn kernels
- Butter (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 3-quart thick-bottomed saucepan on medium high heat.
- If you are using coconut oil, allow all of the solid oil to melt.
- Wait for the popcorn kernels to pop.
- When the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer and count out loud!.
- The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once. Once the popping starts in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner without removing lid.
- Remove lid and dump popcorn immediately into wide bowl.
- With this technique, nearly all of the kernels pop, and nothing burns! If you are adding butter, you can easily melt it by placingthe butter in now empty but hot pan..just drizzle melted butter over popcornand toss to distribute..fun toppings: Spanish smoked paprika, nutritional yeast ,cayenne powder , chili pepper , curry powder , cumin , grated Parmesan cheese.
The best methods for popping corn perfectly every time.
Any good cook knows that two of the most important keys to success in the kitchen are using the right tools and following directions to the letter. Popcorn is no different. Popping corn perfectly every time requires a heavy-bottomed pot and careful attention to temperature.
To test if your pot is up to the task, start by adding two kernels of popcorn. Place the pot over medium heat and wait for those kernels to pop. If they take longer than three minutes or if they burn before popping, your pot isn’t heavy-bottomed enough and you’ll need to find a new one. Once you’ve found a suitable pot, it’s time to focus on temperature.
If you crank the heat up too high, your popcorn will either burn or fail to pop at all. To avoid this, use two kernels of popcorn as a gauge. When both of those kernels have popped, your oil is hot enough for the rest of the batch. Carefully add enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer – don’t overcrowd! – then place a lid on top, tilted ever so slightly so steam can escape.
Within minutes, you should hear that beautiful popping sound coming from inside your pot. Resist any temptation to lift the lid too frequently – every time you do, heat escapes and it lengthens the overall cooking time.
How to make perfect popcorn at home with just a few simple ingredients.
- Start by heating some oil in a pan.
- Add 3 or 4 popcorn kernels to the pan and wait for them to pop.
- Once they’ve popped, add the rest of the popcorn kernels and cover the pan with a lid.
- Remove the pan from the heat and count to 30 seconds.
- Put the pan back on the heat until popping slows down to just a few pops per second, then remove from heat again.
Tips and tricks for making perfect popcorn, from experts in the field.
- Start with bulk kernels and pop them in the microwave.
- You don’t need any oil, just put the bag on its side and microwave for two to three minutes.
A comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about making perfect popcorn.
If you’re like most people, you probably grew up eating popcorn at the movies or at home with your family. But have you ever stopped to think about how that popcorn is made? Or what makes it so delicious?
Popcorn is a type of corn that has been specially bred to pop. The kernels are much smaller and harder than regular corn, and they have a natural moisture content that allows them to explode when heated.
To make perfect popcorn at home, all you need is a stovetop, some olive oil, and some fine sea salt. Just heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until it’s hot enough to make the kernels pop. Then add a handful of kernels and cover the pot with a lid.
Once the kernels start popping, shake the pot occasionally to prevent them from burning. When the popping slows down, remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a bowl.