I have been making this delicious Roasted Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Salad for years now and it’s always a hit with my friends and family. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, with the hint of smokiness from the roasted vegetables. The crunchy texture of the salad, with the bright colors of the vegetables, makes for an irresistible side dish that goes perfectly with any dinner.
Roasted Eggplant And Red Bell Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1. 6 medium red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2. 4 small baby eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 3. 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or more as needed
- 4. 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5. 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6. 2 dashes chile sauce
- 7. 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 8. ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 9. 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 10. Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place bell pepper halves and eggplant halves on a baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, cut bell peppers and eggplants into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, eggplants, balsamic vinegar, garlic, chile sauce, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Sugar: 7 g
Creative ways to spice up your roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad
If you’re looking for creative ways to spruce up your roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad, then you’ve come to the right place. This flavorful combination of roasted vegetables can easily become a go-to favorite with the right additions. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs like chives, thyme, oregano, and basil will give your salad a bright flavor. Try adding a tablespoon of chopped herbs at the end of the cooking process for an easy way to liven up your dish.
- Add a Sweet Note: For a hint of sweetness, try adding a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to the roasting vegetables. This will give the salad a hint of sweetness without overpowering the taste.
- Add Crunch: Roasted vegetables are delicious on their own, but adding some crunchy elements can take the flavor to the next level. Try adding some nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios. You can also add some croutons for an extra crunch.
- Spice it Up: If you’re looking for a bit of heat, try adding some spices to the mix. Cayenne pepper, chili powder, or smoked paprika are all great options for adding a bit of heat to your roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad.
- Add Some Protein: Adding some protein to your salad is a great way to make it more filling and nutritious. Try adding some cooked beans, lentils, or even grilled chicken or fish.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With a few simple additions, you can easily take your roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad to the next level.
Health benefits of roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad
Roasted Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Salad provides many health benefits, including:
- Improved digestion – the fiber in eggplants helps to move food through the digestive system, while the vitamins and minerals in bell peppers aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Heart health – the antioxidants in red bell peppers can help reduce the risk of heart disease and improve blood pressure.
- Weight control – eggplants are low in calories and rich in dietary fiber, making them an excellent food for weight control.
- Bone health – the vitamin K and minerals in both the eggplants and bell peppers help maintain strong bones.
- Reduced inflammation – the antioxidants in red bell peppers have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which can help manage a range of chronic diseases.
- Immunity boost – the vitamins A and C in both the eggplants and bell peppers can help boost your immune system and ward off infection.
Tips for preparing the perfect roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice the eggplant and bell pepper into 1-2 inch cubes. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for about 40 minutes, flipping them once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large bowl, add diced tomatoes, chopped parsley and basil, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix everything together and season with more salt and pepper.
The best seasonings to enhance the flavor of roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad
The best seasonings to enhance the flavor of roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad are garlic, oregano, parsley, cumin, and mint. Garlic adds a savory and pungent flavor to the dish, while oregano, parsley, and mint add an earthy and herbaceous undertone. Cumin adds a smoky and nutty flavor, making the dish even more enjoyable.
Garlic and oregano are classic Mediterranean seasonings, and they pair perfectly with roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad. The garlic adds a layer of flavor to the eggplant, while the oregano adds a light and fragrant aroma.
Parsley is a milder herb that adds a hint of brightness and freshness to the salad. It is an excellent choice for salads as it adds a pop of color to the dish, as well as a subtle yet flavorful taste.
Cumin is a spice that has a strong and smoky flavor, making it an ideal seasoning for roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad. It adds a nutty and smoky taste to the dish and helps to balance out the flavors.
Mint is an herb that adds a pleasant and refreshing flavor to roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad. It is a great way to bring the dish to life and make it even more flavorful.
These five seasonings can be used to enhance the flavor of roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad and make it even more delicious. Combining garlic, oregano, parsley, cumin, and mint will bring out the best in the dish and make it a hit at any gathering.
Quick and easy roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad recipes
If you’re looking for quick and easy roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad recipes, look no further! There are a variety of delicious, flavorful options that can be prepared in just a few minutes. From a simple dish of roasted eggplant and red bell pepper slices, to more complex recipes featuring a variety of vegetables and seasonings, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are a few of our favorite recipes to get you started.
The first recipe is a classic roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad. All you need is one large eggplant, one large red bell pepper, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Start by slicing the eggplant and red bell pepper into one-inch cubes, then coat with olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 25 minutes. Once the vegetables are roasted and lightly golden, transfer them to a large bowl and season with a little more olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a more complex flavor, try this roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad with feta and olives. Start with the same ingredients as the first recipe, but add in one cup of crumbled feta cheese and a half cup of sliced black olives. Roast the vegetables in a preheated oven at 400°F for 25 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl and add the feta and olives. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you’re looking for a unique twist on the classic roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad, try this version featuring roasted tomatoes and parsley. Start with the same ingredients as the first two recipes, plus two cups of cherry tomatoes and one-fourth cup of chopped fresh parsley. Roast the vegetables in a preheated oven at 400°F for 25 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl and add the tomatoes and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, then toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These quick and easy roasted eggplant and red bell pepper salad recipes are sure to become favorites in your kitchen.