I remember when I was a kid, my mom used to make the best sugar cookies. They were so soft, chewy, and sweet. I loved them so much that I eagerly anticipated the time she would make them. Now that I’m an adult, I’ve taken her recipe and adapted it to create Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies. These cookies are even better than my mom’s – they’re even more chewy and delicious.
Sandy’S Super Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (25g)
- Calories: 115
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 1.5g
A guide to the best sugar cookie ingredients – what ingredients create the best texture, flavor, and overall quality for a sugar cookie.
When it comes to creating the perfect sugar cookie, the ingredients you use can make a big difference. To create a sugar cookie that is soft and chewy, with a flavor that truly stands out, here are the best ingredients you should use:
Flour: All-purpose flour is the best option for making sugar cookies. It helps create a soft and chewy texture that is hard to beat.
Sugar: Granulated white sugar is the classic choice for sugar cookies, and it will give the cookies a nice sweetness without overpowering the other flavors.
Butter: Unsalted butter is the best choice for sugar cookies as it helps create a tender texture and a rich flavor.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is a must-have for sugar cookies as it adds a nice flavor and helps bring out the other ingredients.
Salt: Adding a pinch of salt to your sugar cookie dough helps to balance out the sweetness and brings out the other flavors.
Egg: The egg helps bind all of the ingredients together to create a cohesive cookie dough.
Baking Powder: This helps create a light and fluffy texture in the finished cookies.
With these ingredients, you can create the perfect sugar cookie that is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
The history of sandy’s super sugar cookies – exploring the origins of the cookie recipe and the stories behind it.
The history of Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies can be traced back to the late 1980s, when Sandy’s grandmother began baking them with her own special recipe. Sandy’s grandmother had a passion for baking and was always experimenting with different flavors and ingredients in her baking. In particular, her sugar cookie recipe became a family favorite. The recipe was passed down through the generations, with Sandy’s mother and aunt adding their own personal touches.
Eventually, Sandy inherited the recipe and decided to start her own business making and selling the cookies. She named her business “Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies,” and her business took off. The cookies quickly gained a loyal following and soon she was selling them all over the country.
The cookie recipe has remained mostly the same over the years, but Sandy has made some minor adjustments to make the cookies even better. She has added more vanilla extract for extra flavor, and she has also experimented with different flavorings, like chocolate chips and nuts.
Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies have become a beloved treat for many people, and her story has become a source of inspiration for aspiring entrepreneurs. Sandy is a testament to the power of passion and hard work. She has built a successful business based on a recipe that was passed down through generations of her family. The history of Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies is a story of family and tradition, but it is also a story of ambition and success.
Decorating tips for sandy’s super sugar cookies – outlining the best ways to decorate the cookies for fun and creative looks.
Outline the cookie design with a border of icing. Use a #2 or #3 tip for the outline, depending on the size of the cookie.
- Fill in the outlined area with thinned-down icing to create a thin layer of coverage on the cookie.
- Use a variety of decorative sprinkles and sugar pearls to add color and texture to the cookie.
- For more intricate designs, use a toothpick or a fine-tipped marker to add details to the cookie.
- Create different shapes on the cookie, such as stars, flowers, hearts, and other shapes, by using cookie cutters or a sharp knife.
- Add a pop of color by using food coloring to the icing.
- Experiment with different textures and patterns by using a variety of tools, such as a fork, spoon, or pastry bag.
How to make sandy’s super sugar cookies in bulk – advice on how to make a large batch of the cookies quickly and efficiently.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup light brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough into balls and arrange them evenly on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make a larger batch quickly and efficiently, increase the amount of ingredients and use two or more baking sheets. Make sure to rotate the baking sheets halfway through cooking and adjust the baking time if needed.
Creative ways to serve sandy’s super sugar cookies – ideas for serving the cookies in unique and interesting ways.
Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies are a sweet treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are some creative ideas for how to serve them in unique and interesting ways.
- Cookie Sandwiches: Create cookie sandwiches with your favorite fillings, such as peanut butter or cream cheese. You can also add some marshmallow fluff for a delicious twist.
- Crumble Topping: Use Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies as a crumble topping for your favorite pies, cobbler, and other desserts. The sweet crunch of the cookies will take your dessert to the next level.
- Milkshakes: Make a milkshake with Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies! Simply blend the cookies with your favorite milk, ice cream, and other ingredients for a delicious milkshake.
- Ice Cream Topping: Top your favorite ice cream sundae with crushed Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies for a delicious and unique treat.
- Decorations: Decorate your favorite cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts with Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies. Use them to create colorful designs, or just sprinkle them over the dessert for a fun, crunchy topping.
- Smoothies: Add some Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies to your favorite smoothie recipes to add an extra sweet and crunchy element.
These are just a few creative ideas for how to serve Sandy’s Super Sugar Cookies in unique and interesting ways. Whether you are making a milkshake, a cookie sandwich, or a cake topping, these cookies will be sure to delight your taste buds.