As a lover of Mexican cuisine, I was excited to try my hand at making shrimp nachos. After a few attempts, I’m proud to say I have perfected this delicious dish. The combination of crispy tortilla chips, juicy shrimp, and a variety of toppings is sure to make your taste buds dance.
Shrimp Nachos Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips, or to taste
- 2 pounds shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ½ pounds large peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, tails removed and shrimp quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup dried minced onion (such as McCormick® Coarse Grind Blend White and Green Onions)
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Spread the tortilla chips on a large baking sheet.
- 3. Top the chips with the shredded cheese and shrimp.
- 4. In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, cilantro, minced onion, cumin, and black pepper.
- 5. Spread the mixture over the chips, cheese, and shrimp.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 7. Serve hot.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spread the tortilla chips on a large baking sheet.
- Top the chips with the shredded cheese and shrimp.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, cilantro, minced onion, cumin, and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the chips, cheese, and shrimp.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbs: 28.8g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Fiber: 2.2g
What are some creative topping ideas for shrimp nachos?
When it comes to making shrimp nachos, there are plenty of creative topping ideas that can take your dish to the next level. From spicy jalapenos to crunchy corn and black beans, there are plenty of toppings you can choose from to make your shrimp nachos even more delicious. Here are some of the most popular and creative topping ideas for shrimp nachos.
- Jalapenos: Adding jalapenos to your nachos will give them an extra kick of heat and flavor. To make them even spicier, you can dice up the jalapenos and mix them in with the shrimp.
- Corn: Adding sweet and crunchy corn to your nachos will give them a unique texture and flavor. You can either use canned corn or grilled corn on the cob.
- Black Beans: Black beans are another great topping for shrimp nachos. They add a delicious flavor and can help to bulk up the dish.
- Cheese: Cheese is a classic topping for nachos and adds extra creaminess to the dish. You can choose from a variety of cheese, including cheddar, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella.
- Avocado: Adding fresh avocado to your shrimp nachos will add a creamy texture and flavor. You can either dice up the avocado and mix it into the shrimp or leave it in slices on top of the nachos.
- Salsa: Adding salsa to your nachos is an easy way to add flavor and spice. You can choose from mild, medium, or hot salsas, depending on your preference.
- Sour Cream: Adding a dollop of sour cream to your shrimp nachos will give them a creamy, tangy flavor.
- Onions: Chopped onions are a great topping for shrimp nachos. They add a nice crunch and flavor to the dish.
These are just a few of the many creative topping ideas for shrimp nachos. Try out a few of these toppings or experiment with your own to find the perfect combination for your shrimp nachos.
How do you keep shrimp nachos warm for a party?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the shrimp nachos on an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake the nachos for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cover the dish with an oven-safe lid or aluminum foil.
- Place the dish in a preheated warming drawer set to 150 degrees.
- Leave the shrimp nachos in the warming drawer until ready to serve.
- If necessary, heat up the nachos again in the oven or microwave just before serving.
What is the best way to make homemade tortilla chips for shrimp nachos?
The best way to make homemade tortilla chips for Shrimp Nachos is to start with high-quality corn tortillas. Cut the tortillas into triangles and fry them in a pot of hot oil until they are golden and crispy. Once they are cooked, season them with salt, pepper, garlic, or any other desired spices. Finally, serve the chips with warm, melted cheese and your favorite toppings. This is a great way to make a delicious and flavorful snack that is sure to please.
What types of cheese pair well with shrimp nachos?
When it comes to pairing cheese with Shrimp Nachos, there are a few good options. Monterrey Jack, cheddar, and feta cheese all work well with the dish, adding a creamy and tangy flavor. Monterrey Jack has a mild flavor that doesn’t overpower the shrimp, while cheddar adds a sharpness that is pleasing to the taste buds. Feta cheese has a salty flavor that complements the shrimp perfectly. Adding a mix of these three cheeses to a plate of Shrimp Nachos will give them a delicious, creamy texture and flavor.
However, if you’re looking for something a bit more unique, there are other options. Gouda cheese imparts a nutty, smoky flavor that pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the shrimp. Goat cheese is another interesting choice, lending a tangy and creamy flavor that adds a nice balance to the dish.
No matter which cheese you choose, adding it to Shrimp Nachos is sure to make a delicious meal. With its creamy texture and flavor, cheese can bring out the best in the dish. Whether you are looking for a traditional cheese or something a bit more adventurous, pairing cheese with Shrimp Nachos is a great way to enhance the taste.
What are some creative side dishes to serve with shrimp nachos?
When it comes to side dishes for shrimp nachos, there are plenty of creative options to choose from. Here are some delicious and unique side dishes to serve alongside your shrimp nachos.
- Mexican Street Corn: Mexican Street Corn is a popular side dish that is incredibly flavorful and pairs nicely with shrimp nachos. It’s made with grilled corn and a variety of spices, making it a great accompaniment to the savory flavors of shrimp nachos.
- Pico de Gallo: Pico de Gallo is a fresh, flavorful salsa that is perfect for dipping chips in or topping your shrimp nachos. It’s made with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice, giving it an irresistible zesty flavor.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is a classic side dish that is sure to be a hit. It’s creamy and flavorful, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to the crunchy nachos and juicy shrimp.
- Refried Beans: Refried beans are a great side dish for shrimp nachos because they provide a creamy, hearty texture. The beans are cooked and mashed, then seasoned with spices, making them a delicious addition to your meal.
- Quesadillas: Quesadillas are a great way to add a cheesy component to your shrimp nacho meal. The quesadillas can be filled with cheese, peppers, and other ingredients, making them a tasty side that also has some crunch.
No matter what you choose, these side dishes are sure to make your shrimp nacho experience even more enjoyable. With these delicious options, you’ll have a complete meal that everyone will love.