Sweet And Tangy Strawberry Lemon Bars
I’ve been making these Strawberry Lemon Bars for years, and they never get old! It’s one of my absolute favorite recipes – the tartness of the lemons is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the strawberries and the buttery crust. It’s a simple yet delicious treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, it looks so pretty when it’s finished that it’s almost too good to eat! If you’re looking for an easy and impressive dessert to make, then these Strawberry Lemon Bars are for you.
Strawberry Lemon Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Cut ¼ cup of unsalted butter into chunks and add to the flour mixture. Use a pastry blender or your hands to combine the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Press the crumbly flour mixture into the bottom of the baking pan to create a crust.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1⅓ cups white sugar, ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and 4 large eggs. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries to the sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the pre-baked crust.
- Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool the strawberry lemon bars completely before cutting into bars.
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 45mg
What are some creative variations on the classic strawberry lemon bar recipe?
Strawberry lemon bars are an all-time favorite dessert, and perfect for a summertime treat. While the classic recipe – with its buttery crust, tart lemon curd, and sweet strawberry topping – is delicious as is, there are a few creative variations you can try to switch things up.
For an extra-buttery crust, try adding a tablespoon of cornstarch and a teaspoon of almond extract to the base. This will give the crust a soft and creamy texture that will perfectly complement the tartness of the lemon and the sweetness of the strawberries.
If you’re looking for a flavor twist, consider swapping out the lemon for lime. The tart lime taste adds a refreshing zing to the dish and pairs well with the sweetness of the strawberry topping.
To make the dish more decadent and indulgent, try replacing the strawberry topping with a layer of melted dark chocolate. The rich and creamy chocolate will create a flavor combination sure to tantalize your taste buds.
For a crunchy twist, add a layer of crumbled graham crackers or cookie crumbs to the top of the bars. This will add an extra layer of texture and flavor that will take the classic strawberry lemon bar recipe to the next level.
No matter which variation you choose, the classic strawberry lemon bar recipe is sure to be a hit. With these creative variations, you can take this beloved dessert to a whole new level of deliciousness.
How do you store strawberry lemon bars after making them?
Strawberry lemon bars are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be enjoyed year-round. With a shortbread crust and a tangy lemon curd filling, these bars are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. After you’ve finished baking your strawberry lemon bars, it’s important to store them properly in order to ensure that they stay fresh and delicious.
The first step in storing your strawberry lemon bars is to make sure that they are completely cooled before you handle them. Once the bars have cooled, you can either keep them in a covered container or wrap them individually in aluminum foil. If you plan on storing your bars for more than a few days, you should make sure to keep them in an airtight container.
You can also freeze your strawberry lemon bars if you’d like to save them for later. To do this, wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in an airtight container or zip-top bag. When you’re ready to enjoy your bars again, simply let them sit at room temperature for a few hours or thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your strawberry lemon bars stay fresh and delicious for a long time. Whether you’re storing them in the refrigerator or freezing them for later, make sure to keep your bars in an airtight container to preserve their flavor and texture.
What are the best tips for making delicious strawberry lemon bars?
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Prepare the crust by combining 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of cold butter in a bowl. Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or two forks until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan and press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 eggs and the juice from 2 lemons.
- Add the sugar and flour mixture to the egg and lemon juice mixture and whisk until combined.
- Once the crust has finished baking, spread 1 pint of fresh diced strawberries over the top of the crust.
- Pour the lemon and egg mixture over the strawberries and spread evenly.
- 0. Bake for 25 minutes until the top is lightly golden and the center is set.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
What are the benefits of eating strawberry lemon bars?
- The sweetness of the strawberries perfectly complement the tartness of the lemon.
- This combination of flavors creates a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- The bars are an easy and quick treat to whip up for any occasion.
- The bars are a great source of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Eating the bars can be a healthy alternative to other sugary snacks.
What are some healthy alternatives to traditional strawberry lemon bars?
Strawberry lemon bars are a classic dessert that are loved by many. They are a combination of tart lemon curd and sweet strawberry jam, all nestled atop a buttery shortbread crust. Although this popular treat has its undeniable charms, it may not be the healthiest option. Fortunately, there are plenty of healthier alternatives that can still satisfy your craving for something sweet.
One great way to enjoy strawberry lemon bars without the guilt is by making them with a whole wheat crust. You can also replace the butter with coconut oil or applesauce for a lighter version. For the filling, use Greek yogurt or cream cheese instead of butter. This will add protein, calcium, and healthy fats.
If you’re looking for something even lighter, try making a “no-bake” version. This is done by mixing together a combination of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and honey. Spread this mixture onto a graham cracker crust, and then top it with fresh sliced strawberries. This is an easy, tasty treat that can be enjoyed without all the added calories.
You can also make a healthier version of traditional strawberry lemon bars by using a sugar-free lemon curd. This is a great option for those watching their sugar intake. For the strawberry layer, you can use a low-sugar jam, or try making a chia jam. Chia seeds are high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, and when combined with a little honey and strawberry puree, can make a delicious, healthful topping.
No matter how you choose to make your strawberry lemon bars, you can be sure you’ll be enjoying a guilt-free treat. With all of these healthier alternatives, you can indulge in the classic flavors of strawberry lemon bars without sacrificing taste or nutrition.