I’ve been making this delicious stuffed salmon recipe for years, and it never fails to impress my friends and family. The combination of flavorful herbs and vegetables, along with the creamy texture of the salmon is always a hit. Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it’s also a great way to get a healthy, balanced meal on the table in no time. Whether you’re looking for an impressive dinner party dish or an easy weeknight meal, this stuffed salmon is sure to please.
Stuffed Salmon Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided, or as needed
- ¼ cup chopped onion, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or to taste
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place salmon fillet in the prepared baking dish.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, blue cheese, spinach, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Spread mixture evenly over the top of the salmon fillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until salmon is cooked through and cheese mixture is lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Sodium: 787mg
What are some creative ways to serve stuffed salmon?
Stuffed salmon is a delicious and healthy dish that can be prepared in a variety of creative ways. This versatile dish is perfect for any occasion and can be dressed up or down depending on the event. Here are some creative ideas for serving stuffed salmon that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
For a light lunch or dinner, you can serve the stuffed salmon with a simple side salad. This will help to balance out the richness of the salmon and provide a healthy alternative to heavier entrees. A simple vinaigrette or a yogurt based dressing will add flavor without overpowering the salmon.
If you’re looking for a more substantial meal, you can serve the stuffed salmon with roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and onions brings out their sweetness and adds a great flavor to the dish. Serve the salmon with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables and you have a complete and balanced meal.
For an elegant dinner party, you can serve the stuffed salmon with a creamy risotto. This dish is sure to impress your guests with its sophisticated flavors and presentation. The creamy texture of the risotto is a perfect complement to the richness of the salmon. Serve the dish with a glass of white wine or a light rose for a truly special experience.
Finally, if you are looking for a light summer meal, you can serve the stuffed salmon with a refreshing cucumber and tomato salad. The acidity of the tomatoes and the crunch of the cucumbers will balance out the richness of the salmon and make it a light and delicious main course.
No matter how you serve it, stuffed salmon is sure to be a hit with your guests. With these creative ideas, you can make this versatile dish the star of any meal.
What are the health benefits of eating stuffed salmon?
- Understand what is meant by “stuffed salmon” – this is a type of fish dish where the salmon is filled with a stuffing that usually consists of herbs, vegetables, and/or other ingredients.
- Understand the health benefits of eating salmon in general – salmon is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, and is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation and may even reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
- Consider the additional health benefits of the stuffing – depending on what type of stuffing you choose, there may be additional health benefits from the ingredients used. For example, herbs and vegetables are generally high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help promote overall health.
- Talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about the benefits of eating stuffed salmon – your doctor or a nutritionist can provide individualized advice about the health benefits of eating stuffed salmon based on your current health status and nutrition goals.
- Consider adding stuffed salmon to your diet – once you have all the information and advice you need from your doctor or nutritionist, you can decide whether or not to add stuffed salmon to your regular diet.
What are some tips for preparing the perfect stuffed salmon?
- Start by prepping the salmon. Remove all of the scales, rinse the salmon with cold water, and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut off the head and tail if desired.
- Make sure to season your salmon with salt and pepper inside and out before stuffing.
- Prepare your stuffing. You can use a variety of ingredients, such as herbs, vegetables, and grains.
- Stuff the salmon with the prepared stuffing and secure it with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Place the salmon in an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil.
- Bake the salmon in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Let the salmon cool before serving.
What are the best wine pairings for stuffed salmon?
When it comes to the perfect meal, stuffed salmon is sure to hit the spot. But, what’s the best beverage pairing for such a delicious dinner? The answer is, of course, wine! Here are a few of the best wine pairings for stuffed salmon.
White wines are the perfect accompaniment for stuffed salmon. They are light and crisp and will bring out the delicate flavors of the salmon. A Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc is a great choice to pair with stuffed salmon. Or, if you’re looking for something a bit more adventurous, try a Pinot Grigio or Gewurztraminer.
If you’re looking for something a bit more robust, then a red wine is the way to go. Pinot Noir and Merlot both have a medium body and are great for pairing with stuffed salmon. For a bigger flavor profile, try a Cabernet Sauvignon or a Syrah.
No matter what type of wine you choose, it’s important to remember that the key to great food and wine pairings is balance. A good wine should complement the flavors of the food, not overpower them. For a delicious dinner that’s sure to be a hit, serve stuffed salmon with a glass of wine.
What are some of the most popular stuffed salmon recipes?
For seafood lovers, stuffed salmon is a delicious and easy dish to prepare. Whether you’re looking for a special occasion meal or a simple weeknight treat, these stuffed salmon recipes are sure to please.
The classic stuffed salmon recipe is as simple as it gets: fresh salmon fillets are stuffed with a mix of spinach, cheese, and herbs, then baked until golden and bubbly. This dish is a great way to use up leftover salmon and is a great way to get creative with flavors.
For something a little more elevated, try a recipe with a creamy dill sauce. The creamy sauce pairs beautifully with the salmon and spinach, and the dill adds a bright note to the dish. Serve this with a side of steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
For a heartier meal, try a salmon and mushroom stuffing. Mushrooms are a great way to add texture and flavor to the dish, and the combination of mushrooms and salmon is sure to be a hit. Top the dish with a light garlic cream sauce for a flavorful finish.
Finally, if you’re looking for something a a bit more adventurous, try a stuffed salmon with a spicy tomato sauce. The spicy tomato sauce adds a nice kick to the dish and compliments the salmon perfectly. Serve this with a side of roasted potatoes or rice for a satisfying meal.
No matter what kind of stuffed salmon dish you’re looking for, there are plenty of delicious options. From classic to creative, these stuffed salmon recipes are sure to please.